Dinged on Internal Audits for supervising an auditor I was training

J

JerryJ

Just got dinged on internal audits for supervising the an auditor that I was training.

The auditor was performing an audit on Internal Audits which I am the process owner on. My training record for the auditor states that his audits are supervised by myself while in training. So that was considered as auditing my own work. The auditor said that if the person can not audit on his own then I need to find someone else which didn't make sense because if I was to have someone else audit I would still be the one training them. The auditor also said that if I noticed he was auditing incorrect that because I am the process owner I am not suppose to tell him he is doing something wrong. We are a small company with under 50 employees and do not need a football team of auditors. Any way around this with out hiring an outside training source.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Auditor Training

In full agreement with Steve (Howste). This is totally a BOGUS nonconformity.

I only hope this auditor did not tell you that s/he could come back as a consultant and monitor the internal auditor trainee, on your behalf. Or if s/he offered to connect you with a friend, consultant who could that for you.

Some CB auditor bogus NC's can be attributed to sheer stupidity and incompetence. Others are malicious, in an attempt to create work for shady consultants out there. People can not fall prey of these scams.

J

JoShmo

Re: Auditor Training

Just got dinged on internal audits for supervising the an auditor that I was training...
As others have said this auditor is so far off it's unbelievable! Write and complain in the strongest terms to you CB - don't forget they are out there reeking the same havoc with others. They must resind your finding

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I agree with the advice to dispute the nonconformity. Even if the auditor is sincere, I believe that, like kids and puppies, if auditors get something wrong we should be told right away. :2cents:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Jerry...from your post, I do not see a CB auditor involvement, and your case is of just your internal audit. I hope you can correct and train them as the other posts above detail. Good luck.

J

JerryJ

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I totally agree with all of you. These people are thieves. I have been trying to get the company to change registrars by they are not going for it. Auditors are supposed to change every -3- years yet we have had the same -2- auditors off and on for 10 years due to the fact that NSF cannot keep their employees. I actually have to call them and ask "hey are you going to audit us this year." They really are a joke.
Thanks again.:mad:

J

JoShmo

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I totally agree with all of you. These people are thieves. I have been trying to get the company to change registrars by they are not going for it. Auditors are supposed to change every -3- years yet we have had the same -2- auditors off and on for 10 years due to the fact that NSF cannot keep their employees. I actually have to call them and ask "hey are you going to audit us this year." They really are a joke.
Thanks again.:mad:

The 3 year thing only applies in AS and TS, sadly. You should ask for different auditors if you can't covince management to change

Top Bottom