Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

DIS ISO 14001 Vote and TC207 SC1 Meeting 1-3 March 2004 (Paris)

S

SilverHawk

DIS ISO 14001 Vote

The vote is out! I was told that 51 out of 54 Participanting Country Members voted positive for the DIS ISO 14001 and the next TC207 SC1 meeting will be held in Paris scheduled from March 1 - 3, 2004.

Randy

Super Moderator
Slap my butt and call me Spanky! That's pretty good news from my point of view. I read somewhere though that the USA (ANSI) voted against it (unverified).

The document as it stands looks pretty good, and will be easy to adjust to. IMMHO ;)

S

SilverHawk

Randy, three (3) country members voted negative and there are ................................................................
USA, Canada & Finland.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
SilverHawk said:
Randy, three (3) country members voted negative and there are ................................................................
USA, Canada & Finland.
Don't suppose you know why, by any chance? Ahhh...Canada....we're slowly but surely losing our "plays well with others" reputation. :)

E

energy

There's a reason, for sure...

SilverHawk said:
USA, Canada & Finland.
My guess is that it has things in there viewed detrimental to these bodies. Probably more restrictions being imposed from an organization that has shown its willingness to stack the deck.......I won't get political, except that it probably is. ;)

Tom W

Living the Dream...
What does the no vote from US really mean? Companies will still get compliant and registered???

Our weight on subjects like this does not carry as far as it use too in the international arena.

Is the vote a majority rules kind of vote?

Randy

Super Moderator
Votes are consensus @ 75% required to pass. This thing will go to FDIS for vote by the total ISO next. For the life of me I can't figure out why we voted against it. Probably some of the hypoxia stricken people serving on the US portion of TC 207 didn't like the color of the ink or something.

E

energy

Good choice of words

Randy said:
Votes are consensus @ 75% required to pass. This thing will go to FDIS for vote by the total ISO next. For the life of me I can't figure out why we voted against it. Probably some of the hypoxia stricken people serving on the US portion of TC 207 didn't like the color of the ink or something.
Do you mean cerbral hypoxia or this: :vfunny:

HYPOXIA
Throughout the world, large areas of our coastal waters are becoming so polluted that they lack sufficient oxygen, one of the basic building blocks of life. This condition is called "hypoxia." Although this is sometimes a natural condition, the increased area of water affected, extended length of each episode, and higher frequency in recent decades are due to human activities. Overenrichment of estuaries and coastal waters with nutrients, especially nitrogen, stimulates outbreaks or "blooms" of algae that consume vital oxygen from the water when they decompose. The effects of hypoxia include fish kills and shellfish bed losses. These losses can have significant detrimental effects on the ecological and economic health and stability of coastal regions health and stability of coastal regions.

Think they are related? :bonk:

S

SilverHawk

I was told that there were some 400 editorial comments, 50 general comments and 200 technical commenst received on the DIS ISO 14001...

Hope that Claes is right about not much changes to DID for FDIDS pubilication.

Top Bottom