SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Distributed By Product - Best Practices for Configuration Management and Purchasing Controls

William55401

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello Cove! I am mostly a responder to questions. However, today, I am seeking your input on control of "distributed by" product. I searched prior threads and did not find any hits.

The question / the ask. For medical devices that are labelled "distributed by" or "manufactured for" where another entity owns the design and regulatory approval pathway, how does the distributor best control the configuration of what they purchase and distribute? How detailed are your specifications? Do you even have specifications? Can I get by with just a controlled item master in my ERP system that defines what I am buying from the device manufacturer? Is there a lean and compliant way to leverage configuration controls at the device manufacturer and minimize the QMS burden on the distributor? Can the product configuration all be handled in contracts / agreements that include specific configurations maintained by the device manufacturer?

I am curious how others are approaching product configuration and purchasing controls in the "distributed by" space. Thank you for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Marking "Distributed By" to product with distributors' reference-code EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N CE marking for distributed product CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
P Requirements for Marketing Collateral for product distributed by another company 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C Definition Distributed Product Definition - Medical Devices Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
A Distributed Product - Labeling Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P IQ, OQ, PQ protocol, and report templates for Distributed Control Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
A Requirements for Complaint Files - Distributed Goods Customer Complaints 3
R FDA - How to discontinue/obsolete medical devices that share sub-components with others that will still be distributed Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
U ISO 9001 Certification for Highly Distributed International Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
O Upcoming IEC/ISO standard on "Distributed alarm systems" (80001-2-5) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
P Survey's without Response Rate - Surveys distributed by discussion forums Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
D Medical Device Device Labeling: "Distributed by" 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C Non-Normally Distributed Data - Nonparametrics vs. Transforming data Using Minitab Software 6
J Non-Normally Distributed Residuals - Regression to determine how many testers I need Using Minitab Software 13
K Does the Quality Manual Need to be Distributed to All Employees? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 20
K Testing for a t-distribution into how changes in share prices are distributed Using Minitab Software 3
L Standard Deviation - Process Output is Stable and Normally Distributed Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D Does the data in a control chart have to be normally distributed? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 63
M Combination Product - New MAA EU Medical Device Regulations 0
pbojsen ISO 13485 Requirements versus FDA product classification and GMP exemptions - Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Z REACH compliance for low volume product REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
chris1price Notified Body responsible for product safety under MDD? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Does a refurbished product required a new UDI? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
lanley liao How to understand and master the requirements of each section in API monogram product. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
H Verification Process for the existing MDS Product IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A UDI for product already packed up EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Migrating from whole product CE marking to modular approach CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
H Medical device Product Registration Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A Can a power Supply be an accessory to a medical device, if it is an 'off-the-shelf' product. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Extension to shelf life of new product under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
lanley liao Are there guidelines for application of all API monogrammal product? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S ISO 11137- Simulated product vs SIP Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
K "World Class Product" based QM. I need advice. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
R IATF 16949 Certification for new site with transferred product--what is the impact with CSR and scorecards? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R Compatibility studies - combination product CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
R Compatibility studies - Medicinal Product and Medical Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
dinaroxentool Selling a product in Both UK and EU after Brexit UK Medical Device Regulations 9
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
V New Product Model CE Mark Certification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Sidney Vianna Informational APQP4Wind - Advanced Product Quality Planning for the Wind Power Supply Chain APQP and PPAP 3
K 510k FDA review, will they accept Biocompatibility result generated using feasibility product lots? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
G Adopting old product - compliance with IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
S How long does it take to register a product with MHRA? UK Medical Device Regulations 8
D Classification of product for clinical trials EU Medical Device Regulations 14
N Adding unclassified product to the medical device registration US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
B Internal Auditor Competency - Product Auditors Internal Auditing 9
T PFMEA and Control Plans on legacy product FMEA and Control Plans 5
P FDA Approved Product Contact Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S AS9120B - 8.5.2 Delivering Split Product AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6