Distributed By Product - Best Practices for Configuration Management and Purchasing Controls

William55401

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello Cove! I am mostly a responder to questions. However, today, I am seeking your input on control of "distributed by" product. I searched prior threads and did not find any hits.

The question / the ask. For medical devices that are labelled "distributed by" or "manufactured for" where another entity owns the design and regulatory approval pathway, how does the distributor best control the configuration of what they purchase and distribute? How detailed are your specifications? Do you even have specifications? Can I get by with just a controlled item master in my ERP system that defines what I am buying from the device manufacturer? Is there a lean and compliant way to leverage configuration controls at the device manufacturer and minimize the QMS burden on the distributor? Can the product configuration all be handled in contracts / agreements that include specific configurations maintained by the device manufacturer?

I am curious how others are approaching product configuration and purchasing controls in the "distributed by" space. Thank you for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Validity of CE mark on distributed product when company ceases trading EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Marking "Distributed By" to product with distributors' reference-code EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N CE marking for distributed product CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
P Requirements for Marketing Collateral for product distributed by another company 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C Definition Distributed Product Definition - Medical Devices Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
A Distributed Product - Labeling Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P IQ, OQ, PQ protocol, and report templates for Distributed Control Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
A Requirements for Complaint Files - Distributed Goods Customer Complaints 3
R FDA - How to discontinue/obsolete medical devices that share sub-components with others that will still be distributed Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
U ISO 9001 Certification for Highly Distributed International Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
O Upcoming IEC/ISO standard on "Distributed alarm systems" (80001-2-5) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
P Survey's without Response Rate - Surveys distributed by discussion forums Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
D Medical Device Device Labeling: "Distributed by" 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C Non-Normally Distributed Data - Nonparametrics vs. Transforming data Using Minitab Software 6
J Non-Normally Distributed Residuals - Regression to determine how many testers I need Using Minitab Software 13
K Does the Quality Manual Need to be Distributed to All Employees? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 20
K Testing for a t-distribution into how changes in share prices are distributed Using Minitab Software 3
L Standard Deviation - Process Output is Stable and Normally Distributed Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D Does the data in a control chart have to be normally distributed? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 63
D One Software as Medical Device product or two? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Aerospace Product Key Characteristics AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
F Product classification according to the 60601-2-57: Particular requirements [...] of non-laser light sources [...] IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
M Reworking MDD product w MDR labeling CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
D Regulations covering Sterile product shipments ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M R&R Studies - how many? per product? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Eudamed actor registrations if you change AR for MDR product EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Reliability issue - Frequent component failure of the product Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
R Statistical Methods for comparing test and reference product equivalence for quality attributes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
T Do I need to add non-product related service providers to my ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
L How to deal with the model number symbol for X-RAY PRODUCT Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B Establishment and Product Registration Procedure - UK & EU UK Medical Device Regulations 0
I Is SRN required for a contract manufacturer (CE-Marking product)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
L 1 product multiple factories EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C Product Lifetime on Labeling 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Acquired Medical Device Product Line - Documentation Requirements for Device Master Record ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P API Q1 - Monogram Product & API 4F - Proof Load Test Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
R CE marked product sold in UK no EU rep CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
JoCam On-product labels for Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Awais How to mistake proof - Shipping Orders with Shortages - Product Quantity Accountability mismatch with Job Traveller? Manufacturing and Related Processes 17
L Product and process Deviation procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Using/Selling power banks with your product as a "mobile version" CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
H Electronic care product on patient bed side - Flammability requirements (62368-1) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
B Design Responsibilities for Mature Acquired Product Lines ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Dental application - medical product or not? Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
Q Product Quality vs Product Defects Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Verification of purchased product / supplier questionnaires ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
E Any template/ form of Monitoring and Measurement of Processes and product to ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Product Code 510(k) exemption US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M REACH assessment of PCBA/finished product REACH and RoHS Conversations 2