Admin
Subject: Re: Q: DISTRIBUTION QUALITY /Gordon/Litvan

Lynn Gordon wrote:

> Can any one tell me the quality issues that part distribution businesses
> face on a daily bases?

Wrong parts provided to customer.
Wrong quantity.
Delivered to wrong location.
Improperly packaged/packed (not to customer spec).
Damaged inbound/outbound.
Labels illegible.
Subcontractor (manufacturer/master distributor) provided defective
material.
Did not use shipper specified by customer.
Internal damage to parts (handling/storage).
Stores location errors (part numbers, quantity).
Parts lost.

These are some typical ones in my experience.

Len Litvan
President, Litvan Enterprises
www.nb-chamber.org/Litvan.html

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Subject: Re: Q: DISTRIBUTION QUALITY /Gordon/Litvan/Baxter

Regarding Lynn Gordon's question about quality issues in the parts distribution business Len Litvan made good start with a helpful list. However, he missed a few really significant matters like Fill Rate (what percentage of the total order was shipped first time) and did the shipment arrive On Time.

Warner Baxter
Baxter Associates
http://www.bax1.com
[email protected]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Subject: Re: Q: DISTRIBUTION QUALITY /Gordon/Litvan/Baxter/Litvan

Warner Baxter wrote:

...Len Litvan made good start with a helpful list.
> However, he missed a few really significant matters....

I did! I realized after it was sent that I had forgotten several (not old age!):

Fill rate for standard parts
Missed delivery date (non-inventoried items, backorders)
Percent lines filled within X number of minutes, hours, or days
Customer complaints
Vendors late

AND OTHERS.

Len Lit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Medical Device Distribution Quality Management in South Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
A Quality Test - Which of the following is not a measure of spread in a distribution? Six Sigma 11
B Does a Distribution Company need to have a quality manager? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
O Are power distribution units Multiple Socket Outlets (MSOs)? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
JoCam Medical Device Distribution in the UK EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Prescription medical device distribution licenses in the U.S US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M US distribution Medical Device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
Marco Bernardi Finding a flat or not modeling distribution: how to manage it? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 24
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Medical Device not on commercial distribution but installed in the establishment. 510k? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
M How do you Audit an Distribution Facility according to MAQMSR IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Inspection Certificate EN 10204 2.1 - Distribution company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
S Medical Device Software Distribution for a CE-marked medical device via a USB memory stick EU Medical Device Regulations 8
L How to evaluate the process capability of a data set that is non-normal (cannot be transformed and does not fit any known distribution)? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
K Distribution medical devices to US Embassies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P AS9120B Control of External Providers for Franchised Distribution AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Cory Waite IATF 16949 - RSL - Distribution Center Clasification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Ways to attract clients - Flyer distribution in Toronto, Canada Service Industry Specific Topics 1
N Apply control limits to a non-normal distribution Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
G Plotting capability study data - I have a bimodular data distribution Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
Sidney Vianna ISO 13485 Certificates Distribution around the World - 2018 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
F Definition Commercial Distribution - Definition - Scope of Commercial Distribution Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
R Non-normal Distribution Selection where the system is constantly being corrected Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
J Distribution and PPAPs for products they do not manufacture APQP and PPAP 3
G Uncertainty Experts - ISO 17025 - If the Distribution is Rectangular Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
D Distribution of a Class 3 Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
kmyers Distribution Centers - NSF Audit Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
A Not all characteristics follow a Normal Distribution - How do you do SPC Chart Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
F Distribution Records required by FDA - 21CFR820.160 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
V Process Capability for parameters with non-normal distribution. Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
P IVD device distribution, what to do? Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device Distribution in Canada - Do we need both MDEL and MDL? Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
D Calculating Cpk on Non-Normal Data Distribution Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 10
L Choosing the correct Distribution for Acceptance Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 19
A Medical Device Distribution in the EU to Patients (End-Users) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
L Intellectual Property Protection - Storage, Access, Distribution, etc ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Non-Normal Distribution Data - Tolerance Intervals and Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
J Lean Appropriate KPIs for a Distribution Centre Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
C Measurement System Artificially Creates a Skewed Distribution Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
J Lean Transformation Project - Distribution centre in Europe Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
L To share or not to share? Work distribution when someone goes on vacation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
J Capability Analysis - Unusual Statistical Distribution of my Proccess Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
S Distribution of IVD products for RUO and IUO-FDA Final Guidance 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
M Should I use binomial or Poisson distribution formula? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
0 Medical Device Distribution Centre and Implementing ISO13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T Normal Distribution Test for Cpk (Minitab) Six Sigma 6
M Which Distribution & Analysis - Half hourly interval of ticket inflow Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
U Theory and Practice Behind Expecting a Distribution for my Data (specially the normal Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 48