Distributors Audit guide

F

Farello

Hi all,

As I've seen some information regarding distributors, I guess here's the place to ask if any of you has a Distributor Audit Guide. What to look for when auditing a distributor, what questions to ask, which details to focus on, and so on.

Main focus of the audit will be this points:

Are distributors selling what they say they?re selling?
Are they over-reporting discounts or rebates?
Is product being diverted to unauthorized parties?
Is grey market product finding its way onto distributors' shelves or into their warehouses?
Are you overpaying rebates because of incorrect reporting of end user sales?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards!

A

Access2hc

Hi, I think you have posted a list of great questions. the way to go about the sales and distribution processes is to literally take certain sales orders from demand planning to the order itself, trade compliance, to the warehouse, how that impacts the stock levels, KPI measurements, delivery to customer, any customer complaints and the handling of it... as well as all the financial reporting within their ERP and finance system (if they allow you in).

that should be sufficient to answer the list of questions. hope it helps

Cheers,
Ee Bin

AndyN

Moved On
Hi all,

As I've seen some information regarding distributors, I guess here's the place to ask if any of you has a Distributor Audit Guide. What to look for when auditing a distributor, what questions to ask, which details to focus on, and so on.

Is grey market product finding its way onto distributors' shelves or into their warehouses?

Regards!

What you're asking are more commercial questions than anything. If you ask these questions, does it matter to you whether the answer is yes or no? Most audits of distributors isn't commercial, it's how they assure quality, delivery and quantity - not if they are giving rebates!

L

lk2012

Hi,
there seems to be a mix of system and commercial based questions. I'd probably first look at the purpose of the audit. Is it for technical reasons (follow-up on complaints / checking that their ISO is up to speed with your requirements) or commercial reasons?
Once you've got that, have a look at the standards / requirements you've given the distributors.
This should lead to a set of objectives for your audit which will give you the questions.
Hope this helps
Lil

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi all,

Regards!

The questions that you are asking are for retail or wholesale clubs.

If you are interesting in audit for distributor from a quality perspective let us know and also let us know which field we should focus (Medical, aerospace, automotive etc).

Top Bottom