Do I need to add everything on print to control plan?

V

vardar3

We do metal stamping. Part prints have lots of detail, all of which are not checked by the gage.

In most cases, the gage is all we use to check the part, but in some cases we use CMM or indicators.

If there is a print characteristic, say a radius or flatness that is not being checked, do I have to add it to the control plan?

Am I in violation for not having a flatness on the control plan, which is on the print, but not being checked?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Do I need to add non-product related service providers to my ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
H Need to add a concentrate (only) to an already approved IMDS Submission RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
T Updating to ISO 9001:2008 - I need to add section 7.3 Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
S Need to change multi-site TS 16949 certification to add another company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
T I need an add-in for excel that I can use for SPC (Statistical Process Control) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
D Weird spec sheet - need help Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
E Do I need test reports for all standards mentioned in my 510k application? Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
J Japan registration need manual without temperature reading Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
Ashland78 Need IATF 16949 ISO Gap Analysis Excel File Internal Auditing 3
R Need for an Importer outside EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K Need Help With Auditing Suppliers Against ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 50
A Need career advice on QMS & HSE (No hands on experience) Career and Occupation Discussions 6
B Need assistance with documents CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Lead auditor scenario (Need help) is this non conforming to ISO13485 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Ashland78 Need to show evidence in accordance with QR-11012 and SPB-00001-09 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
E Does IVD need to integrate with hospital IT infrastructure? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
U Need Help With API Q2 Quality Manual Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
S In Need of GIDEP Guidance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M Do employee training records need to be controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D What evidence to I need to supply as a remote location in relation to manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
T Non API products need to comply to API Q1? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
G Need journal and reference of abnormal bar chart SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
MSeibert47 Daily Quality Topics - Need Ideas Please! Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 18
W Do Reference materials for IATF need to be 17025? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
D Need some Help on 8D fault tree analysis Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 6
A Need to calculate tolerance Intervals with a set of non-normal data and 3-Parameter Weibull distribution Using Minitab Software 0
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
F Need Quality Manager advice. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
T Do we need an SOP for ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Do CTQs need to be equipment specific? FMEA and Control Plans 8
K Do Contract Manufacturers need a complaint procedure? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 9
K Screen printing ink and machine selection_ Need help Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
D Do employee training records need to be centralized? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
H Need of EU Representative Designation for Turkey? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H If we use agile - do we still need to document TF as a waterfall just for the notified bodies need? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
briteme4 AS9102 First Article Inspection - do I need a second reviewer and signer? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Furnace repaired - Do I need a new initial TUS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Does FDA Registration QSR need to cover non-medical devices for contract repackager? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Need ISO 15189:2012 Documentation toolkit. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
J Need a contract monitoring Tool General Information Resources 0
P UDI-PI requirements on reusable surgical device, do we need serialisation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Need Help with FPY Data in Assembly Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
W 17025 and NIST handbook relationship (need advice) ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
K Need procedure for D&D inputs? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Need help on "Country of Origin" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Immediate need for 80601-2-56 Consulting expert. PM me for details Career and Occupation Discussions 0
Tagin You're Gonna Need a Bigger Root Cause Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M PSA Suppliers - CSR matrix and need the quality manual of PSA APQP and PPAP 6
M Need Help With Information Security Asset Risk Register IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2