Do suppliers need a laboratory scope?

D

Dan Larsen

If you're referring to a supplier of test/calibration services, ISO 9002 isn't enough for QS. The supplier must be accredited to ISO Guide 25 (17025). 25/17025 defines the requirement for a scope. If the provider is only ISO, they may not have a scope as defined by QS, and even if they did, it would carry no weight without accreditation.

If you're referring to another type of supplier, I'm a bit confused...never had a QS auditor be concerned with the scope for a non-test/non-calibration supplier. Nonetheless, the scope of an ISO registration should appear on their registration certificate (e.g. "provider of machined parts").

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Cheryl

IS09002 lab scope

I am aware that under QS it is necessary for us to have a lab scope. But what about when our supplier is ISO9002 certified. Is it necessary for them to have a scope of accreditation under ISO? If not,then what must we do if our customer is requesting us to provide a scope of accreditation?

M

metrologyguy

I am getting a lot of calls from ISO 9000 companies asking for our accreditation documents. In the past, these requests have been primarly from QS 9000 customers. In my humble opinion, I think as companies learn about the benefits of using accredited labs, there is more demand. I also had a customer tell me that since we were A2LA, they would not have to send in there own auditor which saved money.

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
M PSA Suppliers - CSR matrix and need the quality manual of PSA APQP and PPAP 6
S Do suppliers of prototyping components need to undergo supplier qualification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I Moving into Clinical Trials and need to find GMP Suppliers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M I need Audit Checklists for nearly all Car suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
F Do Calibration Suppliers need to be included in the list of Approved Suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
B Unregistered Bulk Scrap Metal Suppliers - Do they need to be ISO 9001 certified? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
I Do initial importers need a contract with suppliers - Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Which supplies/suppliers need to be listed in DMR? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D How do you justify that not all Suppliers need to be Audited? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
E Need an ISO 9001/14001/13485 Quality Manual - Many suppliers - Pharma and Med Devices Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
M Suppliers - Certified or compliant to ISO/QS etc. Need letter example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Purchasing: Do we need to evaluate even C class suppliers before giving them business Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 13
T How to rank suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
B ISO13485 Risk managment implementation for suppliers ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
J Outsourced Internal Audit requirements for Aerospace Suppliers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
R Auditing COT's Suppliers / First Post Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Recommended software to send Quality scorecards to suppliers (external providers) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
lanley liao Questions regarding the change of critical suppliers and key personnel Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
D ISO 9001 - 8.4.1 Evaluate All Suppliers? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 66
G Approval for tool suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 23
O How to give a score/yield more correctly to my suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
B General Motors and Honda Alliance - What does this mean to suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Conflict Minerals - Tin Suppliers CMRT Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 13
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
C Critical Suppliers for EU medical device approvals May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Nicole Desouza Are Shipping Companies Suppliers? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G ISO 9001 8.4 applied to 7.1.3 - Suppliers of infrastructure requirements - IT and Print solutions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P IATF 16949 Clause 8.4.2.3 - Justification for non-certified suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
J Requirements for customer directed suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
R Supplier Controls we can place on Single-Source Suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26
R ISO 9001 versus ISO 13485 for Suppliers to Medical Device Companies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Critical suppliers (Definition of) and MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 19
P IATF 16949 - Monitoring Suppliers for Premium Freight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
DuncanGibbons Documentation aerospace OEMs require with purchase of parts from manufacturers/suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Supplier Controls for Animal Tissue Suppliers for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
optomist1 Survey of Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers APQP and PPAP 6
P Non-Active Suppliers on CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Suppliers re-classification from Critical to Significant or from Significant to Non-critical Supply Chain Security Management Systems 0
D Training for AS13000 - Problem Solving Requirements for Suppliers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 17
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
Q Does our material suppliers’ supplier have to be at least ISO 9001 certified? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3