Do they read the PPAP submission?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
A funny thing happened to me yesterday. I received a phone call from one of the Delphi companies about a PPAP that I submitted in 1995. The PPAP was approved and we have been supplying parts since then with no problems.
They need me to submit a new PPAP based on the PPAPALL.XLS Look Here.

They admitted to me that they did not check the PPAP in 1995, but now they have to. It appears that the move to Delphi independence is causing GM to pressure them as they pressured us in the past.

Do not be surprised to receive call like this.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The newest version is up as an Excel file (same file name as the old one) and also as a zip file - which is what Howard sent me to post.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Howard sent me the latrest form and a powerpoint presentation. They are now posted in the pdf_files directory.

L

Laura M

As an ex-Delphi employee (management representative. 3000+ employee facility), I can relate. It may not be GM as much as the QS-9000 process. If we had old files that were incomplete - either our submissions to customers, or purchased part files, our auditor told us we needed a process to get them complete. We generally used "at the next engineering change, the remaining documents will be updated" Demanding updates for certain forms doesn't seem right. QS really straightened up our PPAP process more than GM. Supplier development set up a major database to keep track of all the purchased part PPAP's and just plowed through them. It really helped with tracking changes to purchase parts that used to just "show up" without us knowing a change was coming. I'm kindof curious as to which Delphi organization it is. Within the 5-Delphi's we all had our own system.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I am afraid that I cannot say which plant it was in public. I will post you seperatly on this.
Delphi though are getting organised and I am receiving all the time updates of their PPAPALL file.
The problem is that I have PPAP software that everyone accepts but Delphi say that only their file is acceptable.
I have still not received a new approval!!!

Top Bottom