Do titles that are called out in processes and procedures have to be exact?

C

cabjerk

Does the titles that are called out in processes and procedures have to be exact? Example; some of our procedures call out "Quality Director" that was the old title. The new title is "Quality Manager".

Do all the procedures where "Quality Director" is list have to be changed to "Quality Manager" and the procedure revised?

Is there an approved name like "Quality Representative" that can be added to the procedures so no updates will not be needed again?

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
...or what may be simpler is a high level document defining roles, flow of authority and delegation...

I picture something like:
References to "Quality Director", "Quality Manager" or "Quality representative" in any document may be used as reference to any member of management in the Quality Department or their assigns.

While you're at it...cover the rest of the departments in the same document with an "if all else fails, it is the responsibility of the Managing Director" type of thing.

All of this is NVA...do it as easily as possible and move on to something more important...

C

cabjerk

Thank you for this and a very good suggestion. I know it's minor, but I know how some people can be when they audit. Just making it as full proof as possible.

J

JoShmo

Thank you for this and a very good suggestion. I know it's minor, but I know how some people can be when they audit. Just making it as full proof as possible.

I once met an auditor who wanted to write an NC for having "tube bending" on the control plan, vs "tube manipulating" as the cell/process name. Some folks have no idea...

Top Bottom