Do we have to implement customer specific requirements?

A

Andrews

Do we have to implement customer specific requirements for customers who contribute less than 0.4% of the total sales?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

aglowack

Re: Do we have to implement customer specific requirements

You have to implement their requirements. However, if your losing money to this customer, I suggest it is time to "fire" them.

pkost

Trusted Information Resource

The service and products you supply to your customre is required to meet their specifications, however

1. You do not have to work with people that you cannot meet the requirements of
2. You can ask your customers to change their requirements

P

PaulJSmith

Agree with all of the above advice, and will add that sometimes a customer's requirements are not soundly based in reality. Someone could invent the ultimate widget in theory, but if it's not manufacturable, it's pointless. Many times, manufacturer feedback can help the customer realize their product in a better and sometimes more cost-effective way. Some of our company's designs have benefited from just this scenario.

Talk to your customer and find out if their requirements are perhaps too rigid, and if so, why. They may be flexible to your suggestions. Or, they may not be the right customer for you.

normzone

I've been collecting some of the more interesting portions of our customers boilerplate terms and conditions. Some of those are amusing.

Kronos147

Do we have to implement customer specific requirements for customers who contribute less than 0.4% of the total sales?
Are you asking if you have to implement requirements across the board or just for the customer?

If you are asking if you have to implement those requirements of one customer and apply it to all others, then, no.

Eric

R

Reg Morrison

Not really, as long as in your quality policy, you state a commitment to satisfy only the large customers :sarcasm:
Or, imagine you go to a fast food restaurant and they serve you spoiled food, and you complain, so they tell you: why are you complaining? You represent 0.0000004% of our sales.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T How to implement Customer Requirements into your QMS under TS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A Tooling Control - Asked by our Customer to Implement a Procedure - Suggestions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
H Latest customer standards - Actively search for and implement new customer standards? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
Q AS9100:2016 D - Intent of 8.4.3 (K) - Implement QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Y When will Notified Bodies require MedDev manufacturers to fully implement ISO 14971:2019? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
S How to Implement COSO 2017 Framework Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
M How to implement the 4M Change Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
M Can I audit processes I've established but do not implement or maintain? Internal Auditing 6
S How to address and implement OH&S opportunities in ISO 45001:2018? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
J ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 8.1 - 'and to implement the actions determined in clause 6' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I How to implement ISO 9001:2015 for Construction Field ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q Is it worth the effort to implement ISO 31000 Risk based on ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A How do we implement a Process Approach ISO 13485:2016 - Existing GMP QMS Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Crusader Can I Implement AS9100 in 1 Department only? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
L How many working hours to required to implement ISO 14001 ? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
L Roadmap to implement Business Excellence by department Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
B How to implement a Nonconformance System in a Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Does "establish, implement and maintain a procedure" require a Document - OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
W Working in a company where we try to implement ISO 27001 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 9
T What type of industries or companies that should implement PAS 55? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
A What is QSB? How do you implement? What are your documents? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B How to implement 4.2.4 - Disposition of Records in Electronic Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Metrics and Statistics for Improvement - Easy to implement Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S How to implement protection for multi-winding transformer? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M My company wants me to implement ISO 17025 in our laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
C Which of these 2 ways would you implement a Quality System? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B How to define and implement Configuration Management Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K How Can I Implement the Process Approach in AS9100C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
D Implement ISO 22000 or E-Cristal System. Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
R How to implement Six Sigma within an IT-driven organisation? Six Sigma 14
A How to Develop and Implement 5S +1 Program Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
L Time Required to Implement ISO 27001 if ISO 9001 certified & SOX compliant? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
R What I have to do to implement ISO 9001:2008 till Registration and Certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M How to Implement QMS for an Information Solutions company Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
S Planning and Costs to Implement ISO / IEC 27000 - Where to start? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
K How to start Implement SPC for Injection Molding Process? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 24
C Do you implement real SPC not just a paper work? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
2 Trying to Implement a Manufacturing Engineer Concept to my Company Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
R How does my firm implement hybrid system? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M How to implement ISO/TS 16949:2009 when customers do not require PPAP? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
E Why to Implement or Not to Implement ISO 26000 (Social Responsibility) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 14
bobdoering The CORRECT steps to implement an SPC chart Imported Legacy Blogs 16
J When to implement the Development and Design Clause 7.3? Design and Development of Products and Processes 18
M Want Help to Implement IMS (Integrated Management System)? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 7
M How to Implement the QHSE Integrated Management System Easy Steps? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
E Should FDA implement 3rd party (PMAs) reviews? What are the pros and cons of doing so Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
N Implement the Best Format and Set of Tools for Design For Six Sigma Six Sigma 7
K Which Australian Standard will help me implement OH&S in my business ? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
D How to implement Control of Employee Access to Client Data IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
K How to Implement ISO 14001 - Construction Industry - Completed examples ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3