SBS - The best value in QMS software

Do we need to have enough documents to support APQP procedure?

S

sunwen

Hello All

I m in engineering, and be responsible for new project launch. I had been using APQP as a tool for project planning and tracking since 2003, and I brought it to my new company in 2007, now I have a new boss, he does not think those documents are nessesary, we bring in the launch readiness tracker, it was seen by big cheeses to be the right tool for the projects, what I did was totally wrong, I felt so frustrated now. Coz I felt current process and documentation will not pass any 2nd part and 3rd part audit.

Would the experts here to help me to clearify if we do need the APQP documents package which from different Dept. to support the project perform process, or we can just use the tracker to confirm with every Dept. to say they get their work done?

I m here waiting for help.

Thanks so much.

Lily

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Re: do we need have enough documents to support APQP procedure?

Is it safe to assume you are in the automotive industry, and your company is registered to TS 16949?

I can't directly answer your question because APQP requirements are customer-driven. Do your customers require APQP documentation? Do they require the use of the AIAG APQP manual and forms? A review of Customer Specific Requirements documents and/or contracts will answer your question.

T

trainerbob

Re: Do we need have enough documents to support APQP procedure?

If there are no other customer requirements and it makes sense for your organization, then the tracker might be the right tool for you to use. We don't need documentation just to have documentation, we create the documentation that makes sense for us and helps us run our business.

S

sunwen

Thanks for all your suggestions,

:thanks:I think that I did not use the tools well, should be more flexible.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hi world quality,
Thank you for the attachment. It is great to compare little notes, but I would like to ask if the Global APQP Status Form is aligned to the 2nd edition APQP Manual. I’ve seen the changes of the 2nd edition which I found here. However, with the emergence of the 2nd edition APQP Manual, where the forms revised and updated, i.e. Team Feasibility Commitment, Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign-Off and the various checklist A1 to A8 (if I’m not mistaken).
Thanks you very much in advance for the usual prompt attention you will give this request.
P.S.
I already made the necessary documents to purchase the reference manual however I haven’t seen any approvals yet… :(, sometimes it is so frustrating when this books have not yet been purchased though it is a reference for TS16949.
Best regards,
Raffy

Lily,

These are good tools when using APQP to.

W

world quality

Raffy,

This is aligned to the 2nd edition APQP, except the changes is in the APQP, Reference Manaual has changed headings on the forms ect. all body still aligned.

This is a tool and you can use it as you see fit.
1. update to your requirements
2. update to your customer requirements
3. Look at your systems and requirements and update as necessary.
4. All so please look at the 4th edition of the fmea,for correct alignment.

S

salud007

Lily ,hello!

1-Whether need enough documents to support the running of APQP program , it depends on your company's actual situation: customer requirement, company field/size, system running situation and personnel's quality.
是否需要足够的文件来支持APQP程序的运行,是要取决于你们公司的实际情况:
顾客要求、公司行业/规模、体系运行的情况以及人员素质。

2-Dozens of input and output are just suggestions which are mentioned in APQP ,not have to be made in documents to become a full APQP flow. Based on full understanding of clients requirements, you have to operate under actual situation as well as according to APQP management flow. You should learn to be flexible to deal with things or you'll feel tired and miss the direction.
就像APQP手册所提到的几十项输入输出都是建议性的,不是要你们全部把它形成文件才算完整的APQP流程,但你们一定要在充分识别客户的基础上按照适合于你们实际情况的APQP管理流程来动作,要会变通,不会你会很累的,而且找不到突破口和方向。
Are you in China now ? Maybe we can communicate APQP in sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W 17025 and NIST handbook relationship (need advice) ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
K Need procedure for D&D inputs? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Need help on "Country of Origin" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Immediate need for 80601-2-56 Consulting expert. PM me for details Career and Occupation Discussions 0
Tagin You're Gonna Need a Bigger Root Cause Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M PSA Suppliers - CSR matrix and need the quality manual of PSA APQP and PPAP 2
M Need Help With Information Security Asset Risk Register IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
K "World Class Product" based QM. I need advice. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
I Do I need to sign off my annual audit calendar? Internal Auditing 2
P Do we need to retrospectively use the "MD" symbol (indicating device is a medical device) on labels, e.g. finished devices within expiration date? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Do I need separation in my circuit with a medical charger? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
V Certified Auditor - Need of additional certification specific to industry ( GMPs) ASQ vs ECA vs others Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
D Low risk IVD study in the UK, do I need MHRA approval? UK Medical Device Regulations 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Do Software Subcontractors need to be ISO13485 compliant in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Do I need a "State of the art" plan? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Need advice for schooling Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Need guidance on project ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Does an accessory need an IFU if it use is discussed in the Parent device IFU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Need for a cleanroom in the manufacture of a medical device for a clinical trial EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2