SBS - The best value in QMS software

Do we need to make a new OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) for each document/form we update?

C

Christinereed89

Good Morning!

We have almost everything completed in our ISO folder for our upcoming audit next month. My questions is do we need to make a new OFI for each document/form we update in our ISO folder? Ex: we updated our recruiting and on-boarding checklist, do we need to make an OFI for this or anytime a document is updated??

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Christinereed89

We are using ISO standard 9001:2015. I'm not sure. I just wasn't sure if I am suppose to be creating an OFI for each ISO doc we update?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
We are using ISO standard 9001:2015. I'm not sure. I just wasn't sure if I am suppose to be creating an OFI for each ISO doc we update?
I wouldn't. If you have already updated the form, then what's the point? You system should allow simple updates and improvements without extra forms.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Assuming that "OFI" means Opportunity for Improvement, I don't know why you would want to do it retroactively. If an opportunity is identified, and the opportunity results in creating or updating a document, shouldn't the documenting of the opportunity come first?

C

Christinereed89

Yes, however I am new to this so do we still need to make an OFI for an updated form?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Need procedure for D&D inputs? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Need help on "Country of Origin" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Immediate need for 80601-2-56 Consulting expert. PM me for details Career and Occupation Discussions 0
Tagin You're Gonna Need a Bigger Root Cause Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M PSA Suppliers - CSR matrix and need the quality manual of PSA APQP and PPAP 2
M Need Help With Information Security Asset Risk Register IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
K "World Class Product" based QM. I need advice. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
I Do I need to sign off my annual audit calendar? Internal Auditing 2
P Do we need to retrospectively use the "MD" symbol (indicating device is a medical device) on labels, e.g. finished devices within expiration date? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Do I need separation in my circuit with a medical charger? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
V Certified Auditor - Need of additional certification specific to industry ( GMPs) ASQ vs ECA vs others Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
D Low risk IVD study in the UK, do I need MHRA approval? UK Medical Device Regulations 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Do Software Subcontractors need to be ISO13485 compliant in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Do I need a "State of the art" plan? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Need advice for schooling Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Need guidance on project ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Does an accessory need an IFU if it use is discussed in the Parent device IFU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Need for a cleanroom in the manufacture of a medical device for a clinical trial EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Documentation structure - Do I need Work Instructions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
G Need resources / tutorials about OPS (Operation) for ISO IT (Information Technology) Service Management 8