SteveK

Trusted Information Resource

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
SteveK, thanks for this. Is this specifically referring to:

[Annex II] 9. Notified bodies should verify that the manufacturer’s procedures aiming at the fulfilment <sic> of procedural legal requirements, in particular with regard to determining the appropriate class and conformity assessment procedure, are up-to-date, complete, consistent and correct. These procedures should take account of the necessity to provide data in order to allow the notified bodies to respect their consultation obligations for certain devices referred to in Section 1 of Annex I.

(emphasis added)

(If not, can you point out the applicable clause(s)?)

Wouldn't the "procedure" just point to (or how to find) the applicable (and up-to-date) guidance?

M

MIREGMGR

My guess is that as this moves forward, another important expectation for a many-supplier company will be a procedure for categorizing the Approved Suppliers as to critical subcontractors and crucial suppliers on the one hand, and everyone else on the other, per Section 2(c); and a justification for however this ASL categorization is coordinated with the Significant Subcontractor list on the CE Certificate.

I assume the latter list is the resource from which the NB will determine an Unannounced Audit target, since they won't be asking the certificated company; but the certificate list is defined differently from Section 2(c) and, at least in our instance, is misleading if 2(c) is important.

SteveK

Trusted Information Resource
SteveK, thanks for this. Is this specifically referring to:

[Annex II] 9. Notified bodies should verify that the manufacturer?s procedures aiming at the fulfilment <sic> of procedural legal requirements, in particular with regard to determining the appropriate class and conformity assessment procedure, are up-to-date, complete, consistent and correct. These procedures should take account of the necessity to provide data in order to allow the notified bodies to respect their consultation obligations for certain devices referred to in Section 1 of Annex I.

(emphasis added)

(If not, can you point out the applicable clause(s)?)

Wouldn't the "procedure" just point to (or how to find) the applicable (and up-to-date) guidance?
Sorry about the late response, but yes. Also (if not already in place) the procedures listed in 10, 11 and 17 of Annex II. I know the guidance is in place (e.g. the MEDDEV), but apparently in the case I indicated a written procedure was still required. For those who subscribe this was raised in an article in Clinica.

Steve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Putting SOPs in place in preparation for ISO certification - where to start? Service Industry Specific Topics 5
A Unused SIP/SOPs - IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S SOPs applicable for Regulatory Affairs department Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
F Process Review - What is the ISO requirement for reviewing SOPs and quality documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Templates for three ISO 13485:2016 SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M Referencing the MDR by name in QMS SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D QMS Documentation Process - I want to put all the Process SOPs to a QMS system Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Best visual description for SOPs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S How to number and control translated SOPs - Three languages Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M SOPs, Plans and Report templates for Clinical Evaluation of EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 9
Q Any good Checklists for ensuring SOPs cover ISO 13485:2016 and 21CFR 820? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S How to enforce my colleagues to update SOPs? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
J Purpose of Reference Section in SOPs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Are COPs, SOPs, and MOPs required by IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S ISO 13485:2016 - How I can integrate a risk management approach in our SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Employee Training Matrix - Keeping track of employee training on various SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
V Periodic review criteria for reviewing/updating SOPs US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
W Update of SOPs for ISO 13485:2016 / MDSAP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 28
V Which SOPs are required by GMP? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
R Training Production Employees When We Have SOOO Many SOPs Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
L What are some SOPs that a Quality Manager should have? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
moritz Defining a good Scope for Critical SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
M Difference B/W Calibration Methods & SOPs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Do SOPs contained within the QSM require a "Point of Use" and/or "File In" footnote? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
J Should a company create different SOPs for ISO14971? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
J How do you Create SOPs for Multiple Authorities? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
N Sponsor asked to view our SOPs remotely using File Sharing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A ISO 13485 required high level SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Guidance on how often company SOPs need to be reviewed per FDA Regulations 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
V SOPs and Internal Audit Criteria for Regulatory Affairs (Submissions Function) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
R SOPs in Manufacturing - Has anyone got a management process that works? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
AnaMariaVR2 [White Paper] Writing & Enforcing Your SOPs for GxP Compliance Success Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
M SOPs for a new Cosmetic Product Development Laboratory Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
T Does FDA consider Flow Charts sufficient instruction for SOPs? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K ROBUST Indexing System for SOPs - Recommendations wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
W Chain of Custody for Documents - Preventing Misplaced SOPs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
P Essential List of SOPS for a Medical Device Development & Submission Process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Business Process Outsourcing - Call Center QA SOPS for Telemarketing Campaigns Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
L IT - Software Development SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) Software Quality Assurance 3
B Policies, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and WIs (Work Instructions) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
L Software Development and Validation SOPs Software Quality Assurance 14
Q How many SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) do I need? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Quality Manual and SOPs for imaging core laboratory Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
I Short SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) or Add to Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
B Integrating corporate's quality SOPs into our facility ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q COPS, MOPS and SOPS - Where is the shall? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
S Procedure Approval - SOPs signed by the President and Regulatory Affairs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
K Customer has requested electronic copies of our SOPs and WIs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A Who is responsible for distributing SOPs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Controlling Off-Hour Changes - Changes to equipment settings or SOPs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8