Do you have Intermittent Explosion Disorder?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Wes Bucey said:
I recall a myth of a few years back that Valium (diazepam) was the most prescribed drug.

Actually, the myth is the idea that Valium wasn't the most-prescribed drug. It held that title from 1969-1982, according to Roche, its manufacturer. It was also the subject of the Rolling Stones' "Mother's Little Helper."
 

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Jim Wynne said:
Actually, the myth is the idea that Valium wasn't the most-prescribed drug. It held that title from 1969-1982, according to Roche, its manufacturer. It was also the subject of the Rolling Stones' "Mother's Little Helper."
Without derailing the thread, I wonder if there is a difference between being most prescribed "brand name" and most prescribed "drug." there was a period of time that Valium enjoyed the protection of its patent.

Certainly, multiple manufacturers produce THIS IS SPAM - PLEASE REPORT THIS POST and diazepam today (generics), but I can't recall how many generics were floating around twenty to thirty years ago.

There are also a number of former Rx compounds now sold over the counter without a prescription.

Suffice to say, many drugs are overprescribed today, with unexpected consequences waiting to bite us in the butt (super germs, side effects, useless for original purpose, etc.)
 

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
Anyone remember the old Seinfeld episode "Serenity Now"? Everytime Costanzza got upset he would hold in the anger and say Serentiy Now. He did this a few times before he started shouting it and then he blew up!:lmao:
 
M

morgand - 2006

Sure, we can fix some things with meds. But doesn't anyone else think that a good dose of common sense, a sense of responsiblily towards yourself and others, and general respect for other people and things would go a long way to fix things in society today?

Unfortunately, the drug companies haven't figured out how to bottle common sense, responsiblity, and respect. So, since they can't make money from them, no one researches it...
 

Randy

Super Moderator
I have no excuse

Sidney Vianna said:
:applause: You are right, Randy.

And, don't forget the I suffer from USNYD - Unknown Syndrome Not Yet Discovered...
At least in Randy's case is not intermittent.....


Thank you. Thank you.

I hate it when someone tries to lay off my well earned anger and emotional state on some syndrome, disease or other malady. That really piszes me off:mad:

I think I'll go break something or kick my cat.:blowup:
 

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
gard2372 said:
Anyone remember the old Seinfeld episode "Serenity Now"? Everytime Costanzza got upset he would hold in the anger and say Serentiy Now. He did this a few times before he started shouting it and then he blew up!:lmao:

Wasn't it Kramer that was hooked on that saying "Serenity Now" and then went wacko? Yeah, I tried that here. It doesn't work! :lol:
 
Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
No excuses for Randy...

Randy said:
I hate it when someone tries to lay off my well earned anger and emotional state on some syndrome, disease or other malady.
When has anyone here offered an excuse for your actions? :confused:
 

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: No excuses for Randy...

Marc said:
When has anyone here offered an excuse for your actions? :confused:
I have heard something about PTSD*! :lmao:
Could also be from riding and dumping motorcycles without wearing a helmet!:lmao:





*PTSD = Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
 
L

Laura M

Age, race and socioeconomic status don't seem to be factors in predicting who suffers from IED—but gender does: The study found nearly twice as many men display symptoms than women.

Ummmm.....anyone want to vote for testosterone?
 
M

mikoyan

Can we just admit that we can't be blamed for anything?

George Carlin did a sketch about this a number of years ago by telling about the evolution of the phrase shell shock.
 
Top Bottom