Do you use Digital Pen or Digital Highlighter during audits?

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hello,

Does anyone use gadgets like Digital Pens or the Digital Highlighter during audits ? What are your thoughts on this ?

Thank you !

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

ChuckawallaJoe

Re: Do you use Digital Pen or Digital Highlighter during audits ?

I haven't used a digital pen yet, but I'm giving it some real consideration.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I haven't but I did try using a stylus on an e-form for an audit. Notes were handwritten using the stylus. Found it cumbersome and slower than paper/pen, but paper/pen required additional steps in our system (e.g., scanning or transcribing into typed versions for legibility).

P

PaulJSmith

We recently started going down that paperless path.. Unfortunately, after a short trial period with a couple of different platforms, upper management decided to drop the idea. I sure like the idea, though.

Are you using them, Ajit? If so, what's your experience been?

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the responses.

Paul, no I havent used them nor anyone in my organization uses them but last evening, when I was talking to my son, he mentioned about these gadgets being used by their Notified Body auditors. This raised my curiousity and did some googling too.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
I haven't but I did try using a stylus on an e-form for an audit. Notes were handwritten using the stylus. Found it cumbersome and slower than paper/pen, but paper/pen required additional steps in our system (e.g., scanning or transcribing into typed versions for legibility).
Roxane, that was my thought too.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I use Notability on my iPad and even with a special fine-tip stylus and the writing thickness set to fine, the writing still isn't quite legible. I have to print or use my all-caps style...cursive doesn't flow well on the touchscreen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DuncanGibbons Technical Data Package vs Digital Product Definition APQP and PPAP 0
D Calibration of Digital thermometer with surface probe General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Feedback of typical maintenance problems with LMI digital probes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
O Mitutoyo Digital Caliper to PC USB question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Integrity of electronic digital records - Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Teaching Metrology - Vernier vs Digital General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Informational TGA presentation: Digital Devices Webinar 3, 20 June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Digital Health Update: Mid-Year Update on Software Precertification Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA – Digital Health Update: The FDA Announces an Opportunity for Test Case Volunteers for the Test Plan for the Software Precertification Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational COCIR paper – Advancing Cybersecurity Of Health And Digital Technologies Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P How to Calibrate a HP 3458A Digital Multimeter with Fluke 5080A calibrator General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Digital user manuals CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
M FDA News USFDA Digital Health Update – New actions and documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Webinar: The role of the TGA in digital health Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News Digital Health Update: USFDA Report on Non-Device Software Functions Now Available Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D How to Calibrate any Digital Sphygmomanometer under use for 2 years in a Hospital Forum News and General Information 1
M Medical Device News FDA News - 13-09-18 - FDA works w/ tech industry to promote digital health innovation Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D Kanomax MODEL 3443 DIGITAL DUST MONITOR Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
S Repairing Mitutoyo Digital Micrometers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
D AMS 2750E - Digital Instrument Calibration Accuracy Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
K 21 CFR Part 11 (and EU) compliant Digital Signatures on a Production Line Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
N Digital vs Dial Caliper Comparison Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 17
rob73 Digital DMF (Device Master File) Records EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Automated calibration of Digital Multimeter without communication port Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
D Hand-held Digital Tension Meter Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G Digital Autoclave Accuracy Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Do I need to perform Gage R&R on a Digital Temperature & Humidity Gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
R Digital Storage of ITAR Controlled Documentation Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
B Digital Signature Solutions acceptable to use in an FDA Medical Device Environment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B Measurement Software for Digital Microscopes Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Digital Scale Re-Calibration Interval Frequency General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
W In what format do you convert documents to digital form? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
B Digital Torque Meter Gage R&R General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Service Recommendation for Excel Digital Signatures Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K FAI (First Article Inspection) using Digital Design Data AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
L Remote Control Inspection Digital Indicator with a TIR (range) function Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Calibrating Digital Pressure Gages In-House General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
I Should we immediately have recalibrated our Digital Torque Gauge? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Procedure for use of a Digital Indicator and a Height Gage Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Calibration of Digital Panel Meters General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Purchasing a Digital Multimeter Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
AnaMariaVR2 Paper Productivity vs. Digital Productivity Systems Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
M Part 11 Compliant Digital Signature Requirements - Sharepoint Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
F What are the Advantages of a Digital Caliper Compared with a Dial Caliper? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
W Digital Multi-Meter Calibration Procedure for various Meter Brands and Functions General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
P Boeing D6-51991 Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
G Clear-Cast - Indoor digital tv antenna Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
A Has anyone tried a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
G Medical Device Digital Video Component Interface for Video Captures IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1