Do you use Digital Pen or Digital Highlighter during audits?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hello,

Does anyone use gadgets like Digital Pens or the Digital Highlighter during audits ? What are your thoughts on this ?

Thank you !

C

ChuckawallaJoe

Re: Do you use Digital Pen or Digital Highlighter during audits ?

I haven't used a digital pen yet, but I'm giving it some real consideration.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I haven't but I did try using a stylus on an e-form for an audit. Notes were handwritten using the stylus. Found it cumbersome and slower than paper/pen, but paper/pen required additional steps in our system (e.g., scanning or transcribing into typed versions for legibility).

P

PaulJSmith

We recently started going down that paperless path.. Unfortunately, after a short trial period with a couple of different platforms, upper management decided to drop the idea. I sure like the idea, though.

Are you using them, Ajit? If so, what's your experience been?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Thanks for the responses.

Paul, no I havent used them nor anyone in my organization uses them but last evening, when I was talking to my son, he mentioned about these gadgets being used by their Notified Body auditors. This raised my curiousity and did some googling too.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
I haven't but I did try using a stylus on an e-form for an audit. Notes were handwritten using the stylus. Found it cumbersome and slower than paper/pen, but paper/pen required additional steps in our system (e.g., scanning or transcribing into typed versions for legibility).

Roxane, that was my thought too.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I use Notability on my iPad and even with a special fine-tip stylus and the writing thickness set to fine, the writing still isn't quite legible. I have to print or use my all-caps style...cursive doesn't flow well on the touchscreen.

Top Bottom