Do you use IM?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
G

Greg B

I have Googltalk/Goggle chat set up and this allows me to instantly log off if I don't want people to keep annoying me when I'm working at home. It is a useful tool though and i can talk to family (with a headset) the same as talking over the phone. My family is approx 1,000 klms away so it is an easy way to keep in touch. I am a member of another web association and confer with people all over the world on a regular basis for FREE!

My Firewall (Kerio) and Spybot (Spyware) have not detected a worm or virus for at least 18 months so it must be pretty good.

I refuse to use Instant Messenger from Windows!!!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I use IM once in a while at home. It is a good way to talk to friends and family. my friends and I pretty much have a set routine where we will attempt to be online at a certain time. One quick look and you can tell if they are on. For work, a group of technical folks all use it, that way we can get a quick answer from one another if we need to. (most of the time, you get voice mail if you try to call).

J

JerryStem

I IM a little at home. I use Trillian to get to AOL & Yahoo clients. I have a few friends that live way across town & we say hi occasionally, especially if I see her in the morning before work.

I also have a friend from the Navy that moved from New Orleans to N Mexico that I keep track off online.

Also a fan of cell phone texts... Perfect for quick hello's & little things when you don't need to interupt someone w a call.

Jerry

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
skisseb said:
Yes, I use IM's - but NOT at work. :)
That is interesting....I don't IM outside persons from work, but it has really become a standard communication form, especially with our IT group. They actually came over and installed it on my PC so I could communicate with them quickly.

L

Lars_

I have Gaim installed on my Linux Laptop, but I do not use it that often, maybe a couple of times/week. If I'd have answered back in 1996-97 it would be another answer since I were on IRC and ICQ 4-6 hours/day during a couple of years.
But as many before me have said, text messages on the cell phone is my way to IM today.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Things have changed greatly since this thread was last posted to. Meanwhile, Eight years later...

Top Bottom