Document Changes that don't have to be approved

Zero_yield

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
We do have a "notes" section where admins document what changes they made thru the admin edits. We don't have an issue with admins abusing the process, its more that other people try to get us to abuse it and we have to constantly push back which is why we are looking at possibly clarifying the rules for this to stop some of the back and forth.

That sounds like the best answer. Draw the line bold enough that people should be able to see where there changes need to stand. If it continues after that (or possibly before), it might be a good idea to get these peoples' managers involved - unless it's the managers that are trying to skirt the line.

Also, have you tried having your ward take a look at it? She's got that bizarre sentient pattern that follows her around everywhere. (Sorry, I just appreciate the screen name!)

Matt's Quality Handle

Involved In Discussions
That sounds like the best answer. Draw the line bold enough that people should be able to see where there changes need to stand. If it continues after that (or possibly before), it might be a good idea to get these peoples' managers involved - unless it's the managers that are trying to skirt the line.

Also, have you tried having your ward take a look at it? She's got that bizarre sentient pattern that follows her around everywhere. (Sorry, I just appreciate the screen name!)

I think this is the way to go. Periodically review the notes section, especially on the admin only changes. The admins will be able to credibly resist any undue pressure.

Top Bottom