Document Control - Does the Intranet Copy need to be Stamped "CONTROL COPY".

Dear all,
Could you please clear to me when we upload the QMS (documents) on Compnay Intranet, all the pages should be Stamped by CONTROLL COPY or we can upload without any stamp as PDF . ?:confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Document Control

Dear all,
Could you please clear to me when we upload the QMS (documents) on Compnay Intranet, all the pages should be Stamped by CONTROLL COPY or we can upload without any stamp as PDF . ?:confused:
This could be inserted in your document control procedure , to establish how to proceed.
In my opinion, but the decision to comply is up to you, you can upload without any stamp as PDF, because in the intranet company you can link these documents that are controlled by default in your document system.
You shall assure that clicking on the related document, it appears the last version of the desidered document.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

J
Re: Document Control

This could be inserted in your document control procedure , to establish how to proceed.
In my opinion, but the decision to comply is up to you, you can upload without any stamp as PDF, because in the intranet company you can link these documents that are controlled by default in your document system.
You shall assure that clicking on the related document, it appears the last version of the desired document.
Hope this helps:bigwave:
Agree with this.
Stamping of documents is basically a "hard copy" function in my opinion. Documents loaded onto an intranet and access to the intranet properly controlled should provide sufficient security.
Just make sure that your procedures accurately reflect this.

I would also suggest making any copies printed from the intranet "uncontrolled", or "valid only on the day printed" or something of that nature. This prevents people from printing off a document and then never checking back for revisions.

Peace
James

J

Jason PCSwitches

We just added a note to the footer of the documents placed in our intranet stating printed copies are uncontrolled copies. Simple & effective.

R

Ralph Long

We just added a note to the footer of the documents placed in our intranet stating printed copies are uncontrolled copies. Simple & effective.

I agree that this is a simple approach....could you state that printed copies are uncontrolled in your procedure and not need the footer?

I'm currently revising our system and your post gave me this thought. I suppose it will depend on the individual business, but if it works with the footer, couldn't it work if stated in the DC procedure?

J
I agree that this is a simple approach....could you state that printed copies are uncontrolled in your procedure and not need the footer?

I'm currently revising our system and your post gave me this thought. I suppose it will depend on the individual business, but if it works with the footer, couldn't it work if stated in the DC procedure?
This might depend on the level of training of those printing and using the documents.

Peace
James

Dear all,
There is no requirement to stamp any document with anything.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
It can work certainly.
I will always say to make any important communication, look at how user friendly it can be made and how much visible ...

J

Jeorg

As others have said there is no requirement to stamp documents. AS an auditor, if I found someone using an obsolete document, even if it was marked "uncontrolled" I would still write an NC.

Its old thinking.

Most companies just have them uploaded to the intranet. There needs to be a statement in the document control procedure that informs everyone that the user is responsible for making sure they are using the latest procedure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
S Correct Document Control - Does each Document need its own Unique Numbering? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
J GMP CFR 21 Part 210 or 211 - Where does GMP address Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
H Does Powerway's APQP - PPAP fulfill TS16949 document and data control requirements? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
A Document Control - CNC - Does anyone have a good strategy for controling CNC files? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Document control ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A ISO9001:2015 Document control and training aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Document Control Software Needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Document Control - Revision Number in Document Names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
I First Time Implementing Document Control for ISO-9001 - how far back do you go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
I Document Control Workflow Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D ISO 9001:2015 8.5.6 and 7.5.3 Document Control Questions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 50
R Changing Document Control software. Must I transfer EVERYTHING? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Referencing to Supplier Outputs within our Document Control System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Sidney Vianna IAF Mandatory Document #23 - Control of CB Franchisees and Agents Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
C Document Control - old revision vs new revision Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
D Software for advancing with Document Control Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
L IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1 - Lotus Notes for Document Control IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
A Removing purchase order form from document control - should it be done? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
I Video under Document Control SOP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Change Control Form vs. Document Change Notification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Document control for tooling drawings (Document control clause 7.5.3) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Document Control Newbie - Control of Nonconforming / Returns Log AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
P Document Control - Do hard copies of documents need to be signed? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R External Standards List (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Retiring documents in Document Control Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Managing Level 3 Production Documents - Document Control System Help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Cross Function Process Map for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
0 How to deal with resistance to GDP Document Control Discipline Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
dubrizo Restructuring Document Control Numbering System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G Migrating to an ISO 13485:2016 Compliant Document Control System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
E Document Control MS Access Database Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
S Looking for Document Control Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Document Control Guidelines in Engineering Projects - Excel sheets with VBA coding Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Challenges in document control, revisional control, and change control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
tony s Performance Indicators for Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
M Document Control Management - External documents flowed down from customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Document Control of FMEAs and Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 5
T Is there a difference between form control and document control ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
X Proper Document Control Requests Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Nonconformance on document control - Unapproved document on production server Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
I How to build a Microsoft Access MDB Database for Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
I Document Control - Document Revision History Question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16