Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Document Control MS Access Database

I have the NGH Qualkity HUB DB and am trying to modify it for our company, however, I keep getting the error:
"The specified field '[changecloseddate]' could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement."

I need some help understanding why this is happening and then perhaps how to correct it.

SELECT tblDocChangeRequest.changerequestID, tblDocChangeActions.changeactions, tblDocChangeRequest.docID, tblNGHDocLog.doctitle, tblDocChangeRequest.currentdocrev, tblUsers![name] & " " & tblUsers!lastname AS [Requested By], tblUsers![name] & " " & tblUsers!lastname AS Actionee, tblDocChangeRequest.changerequestdate, tblDocChangeRequest.changedetails, tblDocChangeRequest.changeapprovaldate, tblUsers![name] & " " & tblUsers!lastname AS

[Approved By], tblDocChangeRequest.changecloseddate, tblDepartmentsRES.departmentname,

IIf(IsNull([changecloseddate]),"Open","Completed") AS [CRQ Status]

FROM (tblDocChangeActions INNER JOIN (tblDocLevels INNER JOIN (tblDepartmentsRES INNER JOIN ((((tblDocStatusLevels INNER JOIN tblDocRevisionsLog ON tblDocStatusLevels.statusID = tblDocRevisionsLog.doccurrentstatus) INNER JOIN tblDocs ON tblDocRevisionsLog.docrevID = tblDocs.docID) INNER JOIN tblUsers ON tblDocs.docauthor = tblUsers.userID) INNER JOIN tblDocChangeRequest ON tblDocs.docID = tblDocChangeRequest.docID) ON tblDepartmentsRES.[docAreaID] = tblDocs.departmentID) ON tblDocLevels.levelID = tblDocs.levelID) ON tblDocChangeActions.changeactionID = tblDocChangeRequest.changeactionID) INNER JOIN tblNGHDocLog ON tblDocRevisionsLog.docID = tblNGHDocLog.DocID

WHERE (((tblDocChangeRequest.changerequestdate) Between [Forms]![fdlgReportDialog]![txtbegindate] And [Forms]![fdlgReportDialog]![txtenddate]));

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
I suggest you contact an outside source familiar with that dbase, and familiar with SQL.

Taking guidance for software coding from a public forum is a high risk endeavor...

HI, i am anew document controller at engineering comp for storage tank i want some document access data base for this table :
1-document id (text)
2-document name (text)
3-document revision (text)
4-document approval status (text)
5-document rev date (date/time )
6-document approval date (date/time )
7-document soft copy (attachment)
8-all document status report
9-document report
10-document prepared by (text)
with full respect for all member please i want a quick help(with good access data base and strong ) thanks to all

HI, i am anew document controller at engineering comp for storage tank i want some document access data base for this table :
1-document id (text)
2-document name (text)
3-document revision (text)
4-document approval status (text)
5-document rev date (date/time )
6-document approval date (date/time )
7-document soft copy (attachment)
8-all document status report
9-document report
10-document prepared by (text)
with full respect for all member please i want a quick help(with good access data base and strong ) thanks to all
I'd suggest trying to make it yourself to get a feel for how access works. What you are requesting shouldn't take more than a few minutes...

I will say you might consider switching the ID to a unique numerical. Also, I would switch document approval status to a lookup list ( or maybe just a boolean )...

What do you mean by "document report"?

CindyG

Starting to get Involved
We do appreciate your efforts, and we appreciate your sharing what you have done. Maybe some others will comment or make suggestions. I'm on a Mac and Office for Mac doesn't have Access so I can't even view it.

I do see that over 60 people have downloaded it so people are interested.
Does anyone have a Document Control Database they would like to share?

Top Bottom