Document Control NCR - Periodic Reviews

J

johnnybegood

NCR

In our Document Control Procedure, we spell out that 'All level 1 and level 2 documents shall be reviewed yearly and revised as and when necessary'. I am facing an issue where I can't get the document owner to revise when the doc. it due for expiration. We even have their email disable but I don't see that change for the better. Any idea how this could be address?

J

Jim Biz

Just IMHO But this reads like you "set yourself up" for failure....

Automatic mandatory annual Revision / review by document "owners" is not required that I know of.

I would consider a change of the requirement .... (such as) documents review and revised as necessary through internal/external audit... Corrective... Preventative action and possibly include "upon discovery for improvement due to upgraded methods."

Regards
Jim

A

Al Dyer

To add to Jim's, comments:

Make the system easy enough so that people will not only comply, but "agree and comply.

ASD...

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Maybe the document does need revised??? Any time there is a change is an opportunity to review the entire document. In our instance if there is not a change in our tier 2 documents, I send the SP to the steward for review. If continuous improvement is a way of life for your QMS, it is hard to believe that change would not occur at least once per year. I as ISO Coordinator, in many instances,start the review and change.

Top Bottom