Document Control Procedure Header Content

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Coming back to document control procedure:
The conventional method of document control is to put the signatures and revision history in the first page of each controlled document.
Has any of you been putting the ECO number in the document header and managing the signatures and revision history through the ECO form, thus eliminating the need for a cover page in each document released through ECO?

I have seen a Document Control procedure that calls for this aproach and was wondering if it works, especially with DHF records?
1613379204219.png

Thanks,
Shimon

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

chris1price

HI, in a previous company, the policy was to have the header with just the title, document number and revision level, then have a change history at the end with ECO number and effective date. No signatures were shown on the document. It worked and went through FDA inspections without comment.

shimonv

Thanks.
What did you do with DHF records during development or ECOs with multiple records included in terms of multiple signing authorities?

chris1price

Procedures and work instructions all had specific document owners who were included in the ECO, I can't remember if each document change was unique with a single ECO or not.

In addition to all the usual things, we used our ERP system for all company documentation. So the system contained the DMR for each product, and included procedures, WI, and all DHF files. It was set up very well and everything was linked and indexed. It sounds complicated now, but actually worked well and wasn't too bureaucratic to operate.

pbojsen

Involved In Discussions
Doc Control manager here. Also creator of most of the templates for our controlled docs.

Headers contain:
1. Our logo on the left
2. On the right hand side, document title, doc number, revision, page x of y

Footer contains company name, Proprietary and Confidential, Printed copy not controlled, the form number the doc was created with, and the form's change order number and release date.

We have the Revision History as the very last section of the document. That has the rev number (latest on top), effective date, change order number, brief description of change (as the more fulsome version is on the change order itself) and the initials of who released the document.

Change orders are numbered YY-MM-xxx with xxx being a consecutive number. Easy to find.

We do now have some docs in an ERP system, but it's a pain in the backside.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L How to add exemption or statement to control of document procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
M I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Gman2 My Attached Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
C How to document many document control systems with one Document Control Procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
L Document Control Procedure - Revision Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
B Document Control Procedure - Please Critique Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J Document Control Procedure for the Construction Industry - Help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B Document Control Procedure - Critique Wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Converting to Electronic Document Control - Procedure Content ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
A Document Control Procedure Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Crusader Local Control Document procedure....define it or not? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
J Document Control Procedure - Review and Feedback Needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
J Are these things really required in a document control procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
Q Document Control Procedure - Too much detail? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
T Document Control System and Procedure Advice wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Outdated Document Control Procedure & Upcoming Audit Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J Feedback on Document Control Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 20
P Feedback on Document Control procedure please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
H External Document Control Procedure advice wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Sample of Control of Document Procedure and Control of External Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Changes to document control procedure - need review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
J Document and Record Control - One Procedure or Two? TS 16949 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
A Document Control Procedure needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Document Control Procedure Examples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
J Corporate Procedures and document management/control procedure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Please Comment on my Document Control Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
W Why is a Document Control Procedure necessary? Small 2 Person Business Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
G ISO 9000:2000 Document Control Procedure P423 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
D Document Control Procedure - Ideas - Examples Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 40
J Training on the importance of Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M ISO 13485 and document control for programs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J Document Control Metrics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Controlling Expandable Forms in Paper-Based Document Control System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Document control ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A ISO9001:2015 Document control and training aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Document Control Software Needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Document Control - Revision Number in Document Names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
I First Time Implementing Document Control for ISO-9001 - how far back do you go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
I Document Control Workflow Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2