Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents?

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
We may be digital but there still exists a need for paper copies. I've used a custom hole punch (mine was maple leaf shaped). Printers and copy machines make duplicate uncontrolled copies with ease but none can replicate that punched hole in the corner of the page. Works like a charm.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

blackholequasar

Involved In Discussions
We may be digital but there still exists a need for paper copies. I've used a custom hole punch (mine was maple leaf shaped). Printers and copy machines make duplicate uncontrolled copies with ease but none can replicate that punched hole in the corner of the page. Works like a charm.
A maple leaf - are you Canadian? ;) Also, I agree with this sentiment. We have employees without computer access on the floor and they need a stamped copy of a WI or Form; we can request that they destroy it when done, but chances are it might hang out in their desk. So stamping it is the best method to try and control what is the most current revision (which is always the digital version).

We have one area in production that for environmental reasons can't have computers, so they need hard copies of their work instructions. After looking at various options, we also came up with the custom hole punch. There's also a stamp that clearly declares it to be a controlled copy, but it's the hole punch that prevents it from being duplicated. Gone are the days when a red stamp meant something - today's copiers can give you an exact replica!

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
A maple leaf - are you Canadian? ;) Also, I agree with this sentiment. We have employees without computer access on the floor and they need a stamped copy of a WI or Form; we can request that they destroy it when done, but chances are it might hang out in their desk. So stamping it is the best method to try and control what is the most current revision (which is always the digital version).
No, not Canadian. It was the only one at the hobby store I went to.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
For a while, we used "Controlled document" letterhead with those words in red...only the ISO doc coordinator had possession of the letterhead.
Any photocopy made, the words would be black/grey.
When we went to electronic-only distribution, any hardcopy was considered uncontrolled and was to be verified before use against the electronic.

For hardcopy specs (in-process data filled in by hand on the floor), there was an initial box where you initialed that you checked the floor doc against the electronic controlled copy to have the correct rev.

Cumbersome, but got the job done.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Document and Data Control Stamps ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Control of various Ink Stamps such as Acceptance, Document Status, etc. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Document control ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A ISO9001:2015 Document control and training aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Document Control Software Needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Document Control - Revision Number in Document Names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
I First Time Implementing Document Control for ISO-9001 - how far back do you go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
I Document Control Workflow Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D ISO 9001:2015 8.5.6 and 7.5.3 Document Control Questions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 50
R Changing Document Control software. Must I transfer EVERYTHING? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Referencing to Supplier Outputs within our Document Control System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Sidney Vianna IAF Mandatory Document #23 - Control of CB Franchisees and Agents Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
C Document Control - old revision vs new revision Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
D Software for advancing with Document Control Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
L IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1 - Lotus Notes for Document Control IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
A Removing purchase order form from document control - should it be done? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
I Video under Document Control SOP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Change Control Form vs. Document Change Notification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Document control for tooling drawings (Document control clause 7.5.3) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Document Control Newbie - Control of Nonconforming / Returns Log AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
P Document Control - Do hard copies of documents need to be signed? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R External Standards List (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Retiring documents in Document Control Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Managing Level 3 Production Documents - Document Control System Help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Cross Function Process Map for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
0 How to deal with resistance to GDP Document Control Discipline Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
dubrizo Restructuring Document Control Numbering System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G Migrating to an ISO 13485:2016 Compliant Document Control System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
E Document Control MS Access Database Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
S Looking for Document Control Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Document Control Guidelines in Engineering Projects - Excel sheets with VBA coding Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Challenges in document control, revisional control, and change control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
tony s Performance Indicators for Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
M Document Control Management - External documents flowed down from customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Document Control of FMEAs and Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 5
T Is there a difference between form control and document control ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
x-files Proper Document Control Requests Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Nonconformance on document control - Unapproved document on production server Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
I How to build a Microsoft Access MDB Database for Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
I Document Control - Document Revision History Question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16
M I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L ISO 13485 Document Control - Document Changes - Needing Suggestions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Gman2 My Attached Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4