Document references need to be updated to correspond to the current year?

P

perkins201

Hi all,

Bit of a novice on ISO 9001 and I'm in the process of prepping for an external audit.

Can anyone tell me if the document references need to be updated to correspond to the current year i.e. ML-HR 06/15? Initially, the 15 was a 14 as in 2014.

Also, do you need to have printed copies of everything in your master document list i.e. all company policies and procedures, training records, meetings etc? Do said copies then need to be scanned and saved on the PC or will it suffice just to have them printed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welcome to the Cove, perkins201. :bigwave:

Your organization's document control process is up to...well...your organization to determine. ISO 9001 indicates WHAT needs to be done, but not HOW your organization should do it. As long as the process is effective - works for the organizations, supports the ability to meet requirements - it's all good. :)

I don't know if ML-HR 06/15 is an internal document (i.e., a procedure developed and used by your organization), but if it is, you determine what the review period is, the nomenclature (title, numbering), and so on. Personally, I would not use a yearly code within the document numbering, preferring the typical Rev. 01, 02, 03 format instead.

There is no ISO 9001 requirement stating that printed copies are to made. They should, however, be accessible by those who need them. How you maintain these documents (hard copy, e-copy, whatever) is, again, up to your organization.

P

perkins201

Very kind of you to take the time to reply and very helpful comments!

My printer will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Many thanks again!

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My pleasure!

As an aside, you can find related information via two easy options:
  1. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find some related links/threads. Yes, some of them are older, but that doesn't make the information any less valuable.
  2. Use the 'Search' feature located in upper-right of this screen. Try 'document control procedure' or 'document control process' and you might be pointed to some threads where people have attached their organizations' document control process(es).

P

perkins201

Sorry, just another quick question;

Do you need to scan all completed forms i.e. fire safety records, PAT testing, quotes etc to the hard drive? Presently, I have hard copies filed away in folders.

Many thanks in advance!

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sorry, just another quick question;

Do you need to scan all completed forms i.e. fire safety records, PAT testing, quotes etc to the hard drive? Presently, I have hard copies filed away in folders.

Many thanks in advance!
Again, your organization has to determine what works best for your organization. Some organizations scan and destroy the original hard copy - make sure there are no legal issues with this process first. Some do both. Some have only hard copy. Some have e-forms only (i.e., never was a hard copy to be scanned in the first place).

Your records. Your process. As long as requirements are met and the organization is okay with the risks associated with the determined process, it's all good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Document Relationship Matrix - Keeping Track of References to Related Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T Obsolete Document References in other Documents AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
K Using Document IDs - Seeking references that support the use of document ID numbers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B Do IFU designs have to be document controlled under ISO 13485? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Document "Correspondence IATF 16949 vs ISO13485" available? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
R Document Retention - Discard hard-copies after scanning? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Q Document approval through SharePoint (without signature) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
S What is considered a "core algorithm"? (From an FDA guidance document) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Proper document of SMPS used in infant warmer for IEC 60601-1 testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
I Nitpicking on document released dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Refusal to Document Complaints Customer Complaints 39
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
I Master Document Access - ISO 9001:2015 clause 7.5.3 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
I Question 1 - Nitpicking on Document Approval - can a document approval record be separate? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Document control ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Is highlighting on a printed document considered a change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
E Part 11 Compliance, Excel living documents (i.e. document master list, equipment list, approved supplier list) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
Sidney Vianna Informational New IAQG Document - AS9100 Clarifications of Intent AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Informational IMDRF draft document – Principles and Practices for Medical Device Cybersecurity Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Nonconformity for missing form number on the job description document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
R Training Matrix for Document revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Controlled Document Location Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Setting deadlines (ex. 45 days) for Document Registration & Review Cycle Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Informational IMDRF draft document – Requirements for Regulatory Authority Recognition of Conformity Assessment Bodies Conducting Medical Device Regulatory Reviews Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B AS9110 Audit Check Sheet wanted Excel or Word Document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Document review on already approved registrations requested by China's NMPA? China Medical Device Regulations 3
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Z 21 CFR and Annex 11 mapping document Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
A ISO9001:2015 Document control and training aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News New AS9104-1 Document to be released around April 2020 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
I Tracking Protoype Changes; 8D or simple document revision? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Transfer of Document Ownership Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Informational IMDRF proposed document – IMDRF terminologies for categorized Adverse Event Reporting (AER): terms, terminology structure and codes (Edition 4) – Anne Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
M Informational EU – Guidance document Implant Card relating to the application of Article 18 Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2