Document references need to be updated to correspond to the current year?

P

perkins201

Hi all,

Bit of a novice on ISO 9001 and I'm in the process of prepping for an external audit.

Can anyone tell me if the document references need to be updated to correspond to the current year i.e. ML-HR 06/15? Initially, the 15 was a 14 as in 2014.

Also, do you need to have printed copies of everything in your master document list i.e. all company policies and procedures, training records, meetings etc? Do said copies then need to be scanned and saved on the PC or will it suffice just to have them printed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Welcome to the Cove, perkins201. :bigwave:

Your organization's document control process is up to...well...your organization to determine. ISO 9001 indicates WHAT needs to be done, but not HOW your organization should do it. As long as the process is effective - works for the organizations, supports the ability to meet requirements - it's all good. :)

I don't know if ML-HR 06/15 is an internal document (i.e., a procedure developed and used by your organization), but if it is, you determine what the review period is, the nomenclature (title, numbering), and so on. Personally, I would not use a yearly code within the document numbering, preferring the typical Rev. 01, 02, 03 format instead.

There is no ISO 9001 requirement stating that printed copies are to made. They should, however, be accessible by those who need them. How you maintain these documents (hard copy, e-copy, whatever) is, again, up to your organization.

P

perkins201

Very kind of you to take the time to reply and very helpful comments!

My printer will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Many thanks again!

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
My pleasure!

As an aside, you can find related information via two easy options:
  1. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find some related links/threads. Yes, some of them are older, but that doesn't make the information any less valuable.
  2. Use the 'Search' feature located in upper-right of this screen. Try 'document control procedure' or 'document control process' and you might be pointed to some threads where people have attached their organizations' document control process(es).

P

perkins201

Sorry, just another quick question;

Do you need to scan all completed forms i.e. fire safety records, PAT testing, quotes etc to the hard drive? Presently, I have hard copies filed away in folders.

Many thanks in advance!

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Sorry, just another quick question;

Do you need to scan all completed forms i.e. fire safety records, PAT testing, quotes etc to the hard drive? Presently, I have hard copies filed away in folders.

Many thanks in advance!

Again, your organization has to determine what works best for your organization. Some organizations scan and destroy the original hard copy - make sure there are no legal issues with this process first. Some do both. Some have only hard copy. Some have e-forms only (i.e., never was a hard copy to be scanned in the first place).

Your records. Your process. As long as requirements are met and the organization is okay with the risks associated with the determined process, it's all good.

Top Bottom