Document Review and Approval Form - Examples Attached

T

tomjess

I am writing my companies quality manual. I have written a few procedures already and I am ready to send them around the company (to the managers etc..) for them to read and do any comments or changes they feel necessary and also sign and date.

Does anyone out there have a form or such that I could use to send around with the procedure.

Thanks in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

We used to have the departmental managers sign the actual document at the top if approved - but then things went electronic !

E

energy

Re: Documents

tomjess,

Because you are sending around a copy for mark up, a simple routing slip with a place for intials, attached to the procedure, is sufficient. What I did, was make a copy for each cognizant employee and told them to mark it up with recommended changes. After changes, a simple routing slip to all the parties. The actual approved document is a hard copy original with the required signatures. A secured copy is on file for the Intranet users, 95%, to view. The signature portion shows "Signed" and the release date. We have two hard copy books in the shop for those that do not have terminals that show the sign offs.

The most difficult part is to track down who has the final copy for mark up. You just have to keep after them. One time, I did not receive any comments at all from any individuals on the initial draft. After a few weeks, we published, as is, signed by the General Manager and myself. Hey, they had their shot at it. JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tomjess

Thanks for the recent replies and help. I am circulating by paper? and have 15 persons to send to.

C

choices

I use Microsoft Outlook task for approval cycle. After everyone has signed of the task then there name / date is typed on the document. I then move the task to a backup folder on the server. (For ISO auditing purpose). Hard copies are then distributed.
Approval person has 3 working days to review document.

Michelle

J

Jamie

I have just submitted the last of my procedures to the new version. I created a simple memo addressed to the appropriate personnel and put it with each procedure when it was submitted. When they reviewed it they initialed and dated by their name. It seems to have worked well for me.

Jamie

D

David Mullins

RRR

Two Defence (yes, that's how WE spell it) industry Review and Approval forms that may give you some ideas.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V How do you manage the Review Comments post to Approval of a Document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
L ISO 9001 Document Review and Approval Form Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
S Defining Document Review and Approval responsibilities - ISO 13485 - Medical Device Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Setting deadlines (ex. 45 days) for Document Registration & Review Cycle Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D Document review on already approved registrations requested by China's NMPA? China Medical Device Regulations 3
A A purpose of a Stage 1 audit - Off site document review Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
L Document review is a kind of verification? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Document Review Problems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Document Review And Sign Off Second Person Review - FDA Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Gman2 My Attached Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Seven Document Review Nonconformances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
S How to document revisions after Periodic Review of documents ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
I Does ISO 13485 have a Periodic Document Review Requirement? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Casana 7.6 How to document review of out-of-calibration equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Document Review Requirements for SQF 2000 (Safe Quality Food Standard) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Q Method of Document Management (Control) in Engineering - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Company Conducted Internal Audit Offsite using a Document Review Process Internal Auditing 65
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T Fulfilling ISO 9001 Document Review Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
J Document Control Procedure - Review and Feedback Needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
T Participation in the Document Review Process from Multiple Sites ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Who should document the Design Review Meeting and Design History File? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
S Process Map of Document Control - Review wanted (Visio) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Management Review Process Document Management Review Meetings and related Processes 5
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
L Regular/Annual Document Review in a Company with Thousands of Work Instructions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
T Changes to document control procedure - need review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Where to get a PDF document with wages from ASQ salary review issue Career and Occupation Discussions 5
R Medical Device Product Requirements Document (PRD) a "Design Review"? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Registrar Nightmare... Document Review and Other Auditor Issues ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 76
M Edit rights in document control / document review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
C TS 16949 Document Review By Registar - What will the registrar look for? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
CalRich How to Document Review of Electronic Documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Difference between Document Review and Document Verification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Document Review Audit Findings - Design and Process Approach Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
L Stage One Audit vs. Document Review - TS16949 - Need clarification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Internal Document Numbering System - Please review and advise Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
L Document Review Frequency Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
R ISO 9001:2000 Document Review Tomorrow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
B Document Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
H Potential Field Failure - Document in management review? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 2
J Is there a need to create a "Contract Review" checklist or document? Contract Review Process 19
S What is a Desk Audit? What should I expect? A Document Review? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B Do IFU designs have to be document controlled under ISO 13485? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Document "Correspondence IATF 16949 vs ISO13485" available? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
R Document Retention - Discard hard-copies after scanning? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4