Document Signature Software? (Certificate Authorities)

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
Does anyone have a preferred digital signature solution for your document approval process? I want to get one installed to I can start having our team apply valid digital signatures to documents. The current process of just adding the signature line in MS Word still returns an error indicating that the signature was not verified.

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
I think I'm going to use SignRequest out of the Netherlands - they cost about 10x less than Docusign and seem to have the same functionality.

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
Adobe Pro
Exactly it is Acrobat Pro. You pay not for signature, but for software designed to create pdf forms including signature fields.
There is only one licence per company needed for person, who creates pdf forms and rest of company is allowed to sign them free of charge.
Acrobat Reader is needed to do this.

I made few forms and now there is no need to print them, sign by pen, then scan to send them via e-mail.
A lot of time is saved, especially when more than one plant is involved and paper document exchange was needed.

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
Exactly it is Acrobat Pro. You pay not for signature, but for software designed to create pdf forms including signature fields.
There is only one licence per company needed for person, who creates pdf forms and rest of company is allowed to sign them free of charge.
Acrobat Reader is needed to do this.

I made few forms and now there is no need to print them, sign by pen, then scan to send them via e-mail.
A lot of time is saved, especially when more than one plant is involved and paper document exchange was needed.

-- thanks - after looking at a few solutions I can get licenses for $4 a person from SignRequest and the rest of the team can sign for free.

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
Hi ISO_Man.

Do be careful with SignRequest, I have had a quick look over their website they say nothing about being 21 CFR Part 11 compliant (This is the US Cofe of Federal Regulations that governs electronic signatures). Also none of the companies states to be using the software are medical device or appear to be in heavily regulated industries. Before omitting to them you will want to speak to them to ensure the software is compliant to the applicable regulatory requirements you work within.

Also to answer in party Marc's question above Adobe, they offer a package called Adobe e-Sign this is Part 11 compliant. Just using Adobe Pro with a "sign" button, I do not believe is, as it lacks some of the control Part 11 requires.

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
Hi ISO_Man.

Do be careful with SignRequest, I have had a quick look over their website they say nothing about being 21 CFR Part 11 compliant (This is the US Cofe of Federal Regulations that governs electronic signatures). Also none of the companies states to be using the software are medical device or appear to be in heavily regulated industries. Before omitting to them you will want to speak to them to ensure the software is compliant to the applicable regulatory requirements you work within.

Also to answer in party Marc's question above Adobe, they offer a package called Adobe e-Sign this is Part 11 compliant. Just using Adobe Pro with a "sign" button, I do not believe is, as it lacks some of the control Part 11 requires.

Thanks - I don't need to be 21 CFR part 11 - just ISO-9001:2015 and they're miles ahead of where we are now.

Top Bottom