Documentation accompanying an aerospace part

matthewjd24

Starting to get Involved
I've been made the assistant quality manager at our small machine shop and I'm fairly new to quality and AS9100, so I have a lot to learn.

I've been wondering, the documentation that we send along with a part to our customers, what do you call that? For us, it isn't clearly defined. When we use the term Certification of Conformance we mean either the first page or the whole packet, which leads to confusion. I assume the industry has established a term for the packet.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

FuzzyQual

Registered
Some refer to the stack of paper as the "cert package". You are right that the CoC is one thing, and all those other documents can vary based on your customers' requirements.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
"The paperwork"

"Shipping docs"

"Doc package"

Call it what you want, there is no standardized term I know of. The C of C is typically one of the items that make up this package. Sometimes it is just one page - a C of C and shipper all on one page. Sometimes it can be dozens of pages.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
We call ours the "Tool Inspection Package". It's a CofC and all the other stuff our customers require - dimensional results, process and material certs, etc.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Hi Matthewjd24,

why not ask your customer(s), as shared or established terminology is very important? Be as concise as possible...

optomist1

was named killer

Involved In Discussions
Certificate of Conformance
AS 9102 Inspection Documentation
All Material(s) and Outside Process Certifications
Always read the Purchase Order for any other Quality Requirements. Also see if there is a Source Inspection Requirements.

Top Bottom