Documenting past problem history for fasteners for AS9100 Rev D

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
As a quality manager who was in the Auto industry and just switched to Aerospace, i'm looking for an excel spreadsheet that documents past problem history of parts. we are a fastener company and i'm looking for experience from others on how they capture past problem history as "lesson learned". I'm looking to put a document in the traveler / card deck that moves with the part that informs the operator at the next operation of the past problem history. any help would be much appreciated. I could use my QOPQ but i need this to be in the traveler.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, we use our Corrective Action and Risk Mitigation Log to capture all events, product or process. We use this process to manage the event, with a form, that has problem statement, requirements statement, (as is, should be), root cause analysis, containment, correction, prevention, and follow up for effectiveness. Every stage has sign offs and dates.

Sometimes the correction is to make a change to the router. In that case, we make the change on the router and reference the CAR #.

Sometimes the router has an additional reference to pictures and such (in our current ERP). We hope to make those resources more available with a new ERP that we are in the process of implementing.

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
We too are looking at a new ERP system, as of now we have an old system in place that is hard to navigate. The new system we need will need to generate a CoC after quality inspection of the parts going out. At this time we use file maker pro for our CoC which is not a good system. I would be interested in the ERP system you are implementing? I have experience with PLEX but they nickel and dime you for everything when it comes to ERP training. thank you for your input that is a great ideas moving forward.

Top Bottom