DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab)

Jafri

Involved In Discussions
I am trying to get a screening design of Plackett-Burman using 7 factors.
The “Display Available Designs…” tab says that for 7 factors, we will need 8 runs.
Yet when I go to the next “Designs…” tab then the number of runs available are at least 12!
8 runs is not even an option here.

Thus, when design is generated, it has 12 runs for those 7 factors.

Why does Minitab give 8 available runs when we have to run at least 12 anyway?

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J How to Estimate the Number of Replicates on a DOE (Design of Experiments) Six Sigma 5
J Selecting factors for screening DoE design Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
K Power point training slides on DOE (Design of Experiments) Wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M I have 3 different factors - DOE help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
N Do I need to approach galvanized steel sheet flatness issue with DOE? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
V Screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses - Significant factors Using Minitab Software 1
H Taguchi mixed model DoE [L16 (4^3 2^6): factors interaction and ANOVA calculation Using Minitab Software 3
R Is there any Excel .xls Spreadsheet available for DOE with 3 factors? Six Sigma 1
N DOE (design of experiments) in Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
D Interpretation of DOE interaction plot Using Minitab Software 8
D Minitab - Design combinations (DOE) Using Minitab Software 4
C DOE - How to determine optimal settings and transposing data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
N 3 factor - 3 level experiment with DoE and Minitab Using Minitab Software 10
M DOE: Significant factor or not Using Minitab Software 2
P When can we apply DOE (Design of Experiments)? Six Sigma 8
S DOE Analysis - Experiments with 5 Factors Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
R [Minitab] DOE Output vs. Actual Data Using Minitab Software 6
S Blocking In a DOE Six Sigma 1
P Screening DOE: A coming up headache story Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Y Please help me solve a DOE problem - New Minitab User Using Minitab Software 36
P Cyclic Effect Factoring in DOE (Design of Experiments) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
V Analysing Results after DOE Using Minitab Software 1
V Analysis of DOE Results and Model Finalization Using Minitab Software 4
R 4 Factors 3 Level DOE to determine which factors are significant Using Minitab Software 2
K Minitab Lack-of-Fit Test in DOE (Design of Experiments) Using Minitab Software 4
M Injection Moulding Minitab DOE - All P Values are 0 Using Minitab Software 7
G Setting up a 3 Factor, 2 Level,2 response DOE in Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
Z A DOE in Minitab - 3 factors and 3 levels for each factor Using Minitab Software 12
M Taguchi L4 Orthogonal Array Design of Experiments (DOE) in an Excel spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
V Linking the FMEA Causes & Action Plan with DOE Experiments or Experimentation Design FMEA and Control Plans 1
B DOE Question: 3 factors with 2 levels and 1 factor with 3 levels Six Sigma 2
Z Help with running 3 factor DOE factor optimization Using Minitab Software 2
H Minitab DOE Analysis of Data and Transforming Using Minitab Software 4
P Help Setting Up and Analyzing 3 Factor 2 Level Full Factorial Design for DOE Using Minitab Software 3
B Taguchi DOE (Design of Experiments) example using Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
C 3 Factor DOE (Design of Experiments) Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
P How to analyze DOE: 2 Factor, 4 Level Experiment Six Sigma 7
J DOE Analysis Experiment, 5 factors, 4 factors having 3 levels, and 1 factor having 5 Using Minitab Software 38
B Analyze 'Factorial Design' or 'Variability' - Difference when used for DOE Analysis? Using Minitab Software 1
L DOE (Design of Experiments) suggestions Using Minitab Software 7
L DOE (Design of Experiments) - Analyse Variation with Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
E 5^2 DOE (Design of Experiments) with 3 Replications, 5 Levels 2 Factors Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
T DOE Multi level Taguchi - I am doing a Capstone Project Using Minitab Software 10
R To Find Out Second Order Model from First Order Factorial Design (DOE) Using Minitab Software 9
B Which type of DOE was likely used for this transfer function? Six Sigma 4
T Taguchi DOE Analysis - What S/N ratio (Nominal is best or smaller is better) to use? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
R Rules for DOE / Hypothesis Testing and ATTRIBUTE RESPONSE? Six Sigma 2