Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Does 7.6 Control of Monitoring and Measuring Equipment align with ISO 17025

Good day everyone :)
Just want to ask about that clause. Is 7.6 will align to 17025?
ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 are two diffent standard, clause 7.6 is ISO 9001 and it is related to quality mgmt system.
ISO17025 is a standard to accredidate the competency of lab personnel and the capability of the lab to provide the service for specific tests, measurements.
Could you please provide more details if it is not enough?:bigwave:

Dongzkie

Involved In Discussions
As of now I was updating with my all Work Instructions with regarding on calibration instruments/equipments(coz my co-worker has resign). this why i am so confused about when I remember last time I was attending a calibration seminar the speaker said that no one can ever perform a calibration when a lab is not accredited to 17025 and the calibration result if was not expressed in uncertainty it cannot be called a calibration. And now I just read the ISO TS 16949 7.6 it does not specify the lab requirements for the calibration/verification of equipments/instruments.

ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 are two diffent standard, clause 7.6 is ISO 9001 and it is related to quality mgmt system.
ISO17025 is a standard to accredidate the competency of lab personnel and the capability of the lab to provide the service for specific tests, measurements.
Could you please provide more details if it is not enough?:bigwave:

As of now I was updating with my all Work Instructions with regarding on calibration instruments/equipments(coz my co-worker has resign). this why i am so confused about when I remember last time I was attending a calibration seminar the speaker said that no one can ever perform a calibration when a lab is not accredited to 17025 and the calibration result if was not expressed in uncertainty it cannot be called a calibration. And now I just read the ISO TS 16949 7.6 it does not specify the lab requirements for the calibration/verification of equipments/instruments.
ISO 9001 does not require that you use an ISO 17025 lab to perform calibration. It does require that the calibration be traceable to a national or international calibration standard. For example if you are calibrating a micrometer using gauge blocks, the gauge blocks need to be traceable to standards (other measuring tools) that are ultimately traceable to those residing in national or international calibration entities. In the United States, that national standard is usually held by NIST.

You can meet the requirement for traceability using an ISO 17025 lab, or you can use a calibration company that simply can provide the traceability.

TS16949 does require that you use an ISO 17025 lab.

So to recap:

ISO 9001 does not require that you use an ISO 17025 lab.

TS16949 does.

Top Bottom