Does 7.6 Control of Monitoring and Measuring Equipment align with ISO 17025

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Good day everyone :)
Just want to ask about that clause. Is 7.6 will align to 17025?
ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 are two diffent standard, clause 7.6 is ISO 9001 and it is related to quality mgmt system.
ISO17025 is a standard to accredidate the competency of lab personnel and the capability of the lab to provide the service for specific tests, measurements.
Could you please provide more details if it is not enough?:bigwave:

Dongzkie

Involved In Discussions
As of now I was updating with my all Work Instructions with regarding on calibration instruments/equipments(coz my co-worker has resign). this why i am so confused about when I remember last time I was attending a calibration seminar the speaker said that no one can ever perform a calibration when a lab is not accredited to 17025 and the calibration result if was not expressed in uncertainty it cannot be called a calibration. And now I just read the ISO TS 16949 7.6 it does not specify the lab requirements for the calibration/verification of equipments/instruments.

ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 are two diffent standard, clause 7.6 is ISO 9001 and it is related to quality mgmt system.
ISO17025 is a standard to accredidate the competency of lab personnel and the capability of the lab to provide the service for specific tests, measurements.
Could you please provide more details if it is not enough?:bigwave:

Big Jim

Trusted Information Resource
As of now I was updating with my all Work Instructions with regarding on calibration instruments/equipments(coz my co-worker has resign). this why i am so confused about when I remember last time I was attending a calibration seminar the speaker said that no one can ever perform a calibration when a lab is not accredited to 17025 and the calibration result if was not expressed in uncertainty it cannot be called a calibration. And now I just read the ISO TS 16949 7.6 it does not specify the lab requirements for the calibration/verification of equipments/instruments.
ISO 9001 does not require that you use an ISO 17025 lab to perform calibration. It does require that the calibration be traceable to a national or international calibration standard. For example if you are calibrating a micrometer using gauge blocks, the gauge blocks need to be traceable to standards (other measuring tools) that are ultimately traceable to those residing in national or international calibration entities. In the United States, that national standard is usually held by NIST.

You can meet the requirement for traceability using an ISO 17025 lab, or you can use a calibration company that simply can provide the traceability.

TS16949 does require that you use an ISO 17025 lab.

So to recap:

ISO 9001 does not require that you use an ISO 17025 lab.

TS16949 does.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
P Print Control Box - What does this dimension say? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Q Who does a QC (Quality Control) Auditor report to? General Auditing Discussions 11
R Does anyone have any experience on change control? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
T Does your Quality Dept Control Procedures Outside the Scope of ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
W Does TS16949 require MSA on all measurement systems in the Control Plan? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Does Record Control apply to the company business processes as well? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
S How does one get into the Quality Control (Quality Management) field? Career and Occupation Discussions 17
Z How does Japanese Customs Clear and Control Devices shipped into Japan? Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
S Document Control - Does the Intranet Copy need to be Stamped "CONTROL COPY". ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Does any friend have the Powder Coating Control for Aluminum Parts? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
C At what stage does Design Control play a role in Medical Device Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S What does "Operational Review" mean as tool - Effectiveness of Internal Control Risk Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
Q Does a Quality Manual need to be issued a Control Number Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 29
D How does "outsourcing" get included in the FMEA and Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 4
Q Does every Process Control listed in FMEA have to be listed in the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 4
B Who does QC (Quality Control) report to? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 10
G Is 100% Inspection a Control or does a Process need another type of control? FMEA and Control Plans 9
S Correct Document Control - Does each Document need its own Unique Numbering? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
N Poor control of testing chemicals ? which ISO 13485/9001 clause does it contravene? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
I Does ISO 9001 requires the Control of All Records generated? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J GMP CFR 21 Part 210 or 211 - Where does GMP address Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
A Does ISO 9001 or TS 16949 have any requirement like 777 rules for control charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
D Does the type of out control point indicate root cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19
S Does ISO 9001 Require control C of C (Certificate of Conformance) Signature ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S TS 16949 Compliant Control Plans - Does every item need a record? FMEA and Control Plans 5
J Control of External Documents - How does one *gain* control of external documents? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R ISO 9001 Vs. QS-9000 - Does ISO 9000 not require a Control Plan, FMEA, etc.? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Does the data in a control chart have to be normally distributed? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 63
H Does Powerway's APQP - PPAP fulfill TS16949 document and data control requirements? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
K Control Plan - Does not replace information in detailed operator instruction FMEA and Control Plans 1
W SPC all the time? Does QS9000 require statistical control on all processes? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
C How does one handle dimensions on a control plan that are purely functional? FMEA and Control Plans 2
A Document Control - CNC - Does anyone have a good strategy for controling CNC files? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 35
P Does anyone have a API Q1 Documentation Package? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
N What is our product classification? (Does Unclassified classification still exists) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
C Does a CE mark infer meeting all applicable standards? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A Does AS9100 require traceability to operators performing the work? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
A EN ISO 14971:2019 does not include the Annex Zs ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
Watchcat Does "Similar Device" = "Predicate"? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Y Does Solidworks (2D/3D drafting modules) need validation? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
M Definition Open Audit - What does an Open Audit mean? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
I Does training have to be written? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
P What does UPH/m² mean? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3