SBS - The best value in QMS software

Does a Company need a US Agent although the Company has affiliated company in USA?

M

mghaleb

Hello,

I have a question recording US Agent.

does a Company need a US Agent although the Company has affiliated company in USA? or not?

Thank and best regards

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mark Meer

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Does a Company need a US Agent although the Company has affiliated company in USA

Yes, if you are a foreign establishment, you will need a US agent. ...but likely your affiliate company will suffice. ...ask them.

Note: the agent's responsibilities are pretty minimal... basically a go-between you and the FDA (see requirements here). So if you already have a business association with a US-based company (that doesn't mind being your agent), you can avoid going through some overpriced 3rd party.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Does my company need to be ISO 13485 registered? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
T If a company becomes TS 16949 certified does it still need ISO 9001 certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
P Does our company need to be certified in order to submit a 510k Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
B Does a Distribution Company need to have a quality manager? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
P Does a company need a TQS to compete ? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Does the company violates any regulation/standard by selling device without warranty ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Proud Liberal How long does your company take to close an 8D on average? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
D Does Record Control apply to the company business processes as well? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
I Does being a subsidiary fully absolve company B from complying with 21 CFR 820? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Why does a SQA (Software Quality Assurance) standard be implemented in our company Software Quality Assurance 4
K Validation of Processes does not seem to apply - Scientific Research Company Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
K So confused with AQL - How does AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) fit with my company AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 7
S Does the Company Quality Policy have to be posted in the Facility? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
K Does each company department have relevant functions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N How does a company determine what ISO standard (9000 or 9001) to register to? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S How does ISO 9001:2008 apply to a logistics Company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
E Our CB is on suspension - What does this mean to my company? Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
J Does my company's Business Plan Contents comply with requirements of TS 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Contract Manufacturing Company - What does contract manufacturing company mean? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
O Developing a QMS for biomedical start up company which only does R&D? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Does a Company have to appoint a US Agent to sell product in Canada or vise versa? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M The Quality "Policy" - How does it differ from other company policies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
ScottK Does your company use Six Sigma and/or Lean? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 18
C Does ISO 13485 certification require a company to follow 21 CFR Part 820? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
Q How does your company deploy new policies, methods and or procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Hired to Improve Quality but Company does not care about Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 58
H Does The Company We Rent Space To Fall Under Our Quality System? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
M How many Quality Manuals does your company have? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
S Does your company allow the use of Personal cell phones during working hours? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 51
K Process monitoring, measuring and analyzing, does this means all company processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Does your Company Supply Calipers for Employees? Manufacturing and Related Processes 59
ScottK Does your company shut down between Xmas and New Year Career and Occupation Discussions 29
C Looking for a company that does production hot forming Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Ts16949 - Company Does Not Want To Invest IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
M Does your company use Interactive Electronic Forms and/or Documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
C Does 17025 apply to my company? Testing for the pulp and paper industry ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Wes Bucey Does your company do something this stupid? World News 86
T Number of Quality Personnel - How many quality personnel does your company employ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 18
W Does your company pay to have plastic scrap recycled? Manufacturing and Related Processes 25
C Does you company invite a consulting company when register for ISO/TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Does the Microsoft (MBS) Company have any certified quality system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
B Does a distributor have to have an ISO 9001 cert to sell to a TS 16949 company? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
N How does your Company Communicate Requirements to Employees Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 24
Marc Does your company use six sigma? Is it effective? Six Sigma 27
W Measuring Customer Complaints in PPM - How does your company define PPM? Customer Complaints 21
G Management Commitment - The owner of our company does not allow me to implement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 36
A Does your company use or reference level IV documents in their Quality plan? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 19