Does anyone have a Change Management database?

eldercare

Starting to get Involved
Does anyone have a change management data base something we can track changes in for review purposes with management team? If so could you please share we are struggling with this.

Thanks,

David:cfingers:

P

pthareja

Re: Change Management

In lighter vein,...
Change for ex..change!
it got obsolete, cause it changed!
For, nothing is permanent but Change.

Priyavrat

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Change Management

Sorry, I have missed the point, could you rephrase your question, Cheers!

K

kgott

Does anyone have a change management data base something we can track changes in for review purposes with management team?

Look in the "Post Attachments List" at the top of this webpage otherwise a spreadsheet with some column headings that are important to you and rows of change details, will get you started.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Does anyone have a change management data base something we can track changes in for review purposes with management team? If so could you please share we are struggling with this.

Thanks,

David,

A search in the Post Attachments List on "Change Management" yielded this information.

A next search on "Change" yielded this list. Take a look because not all stuff may apply to what you are looking for. At least, it is a good place to start.

Stijloor.

eldercare

Starting to get Involved
I am looking for an access type data base something that will be used to track changes made to the engineering system or quality system. If anyone know someone who can write in Access and is really good in the Cloumbis Ohio area please let me know.

Thanks,

David

john.b

Involved In Discussions
An interesting question, especially if you know the background. Given how standard basic processes like change management and incident management are it seems it should be easy to look up database templates designed for Access, Sharepoint, or even Excel on the web. But it's not.

There are two other approaches you might try instead, but first I should also mention that for most uses you really wouldn't need any database or any template, and an Excel sheet you make up should suffice. Unless you are making several changes a day and require records to be very searchable or cross-referenced to other content the simple combination of a Word file for individual records and an Excel sheet as a log would do.

If this doesn't meet your demands you should also at least consider using a pre-designed ITSM tool (IT service management, typically based on ITIL guidance). There are open-source versions but going that route you'd be back to putting a lot of work in to get something useful and requiring IT support staff for maintenance, and if something went wrong you could be in trouble. One variation is buying customized versions of open source ITSM tools, and then you pay someone for doing a lot of that work and buy possible support, but at a guess cheaper ITSM tools from scratch may be as functional and more consistent and in the same price range.

The highest end versions by the big 4 suppliers (CA, IBM, HP, and BMC) are quite pricey but there are tons of other options for use, probably with less functionality but at a fraction of the expense. A whole separate category is on-line software or "in the cloud" variations.

It's also worth mentioning that you might ask the same question in either ITSM-type forums or database specific forums. I doubt you'd get far with either approach but you never know; a good template for an Access version could turn up. This forum (Elsmar) is great for most standard quality issues with a lot of depth in lots of directions but service management tool questions are getting out there. As you may be aware the ITSM world is crowded with consultants with different degrees of qualifications and asking simple questions that implies not paying one of them could be met with a lot of scorn.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.2.1/) is a quick way to get an online implementation (I have no affiliation with bugzilla). We use it effectively and have had no problems with it. It has basic capability (life cycle, email notification, reporting). Not readily tailorable (we use it pretty much "out of the box"). I didn't install it so I can't say if that's challenging (but being open source sw, I expect it would be a pretty simple install).

Top Bottom