Does anyone have a Preventive Action form that I could look at?

D

dbulak

Preventive Action Form

Does anyone have a preventive action form that I could look at (borrow)?

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
dbulak,

Before you introduce a new form to your system, why don't you see if you can address this another way. We adressed preventative action by listing what we were already doing:

Suggestion box (yes, ours is really used)
Prototype developement
Sales call input
Engineering change orders

We passed our audit without having to come up with another set of procedures and forms to address what we have always done.

Good Luck!
CarolX

D

Dan Larsen

I typically suggest using the same form that's used for corrective action, calling it a CPAR. If you consider the standard, the steps to resolving corrective/preventive action are pretty much the same, the source of the issue is what differs.

I then allow the CPAR to remain open past a defined review interval (say one month) provided there are activity reports that end up becoming part of the CPAR record once it is closed.

D

D.Fortin

Just a recommandation

Our industr. is certified ISO 9001 and QS9000 soon.

Let me tell u something bud........
Don't spend a lot of time and energy by using Paper work.#

Buy a software to do this.
I'ts not really expensive and by this way u will save a lot of time..........

A

Al Dyer

Originally posted by D.Fortin:
Just a recommandation

Our industr. is certified ISO 9001 and QS9000 soon.

Let me tell u something bud........
Don't spend a lot of time and energy by using Paper work.#

Buy a software to do this.
I'ts not really expensive and by this way u will save a lot of time..........

bud,

Can you quantify the time difference between filling out a hand-written form with booting up, accessing, typing in data, printing, and, distributing a computer "generated" form?

By the way, how does an industr. get registered to ISO or QS?

What position do you hold in your industr.?

(This is not a swipe at typo's, I make many myself!)

ASD...

F

Fire Girl

Dbulak

I agree with Dan. I currently use a CPAR- Corrective and Preventive Action Request. We find this form works very well for us. If you would still like to take a look at it, let me know. I would be more than happy to send it to you.

Fire Girl
:D

W

Willb

Fire Girl

Would like to swap forms with you....we also use a CPAR form...Advise!

I

ISO Chick

Hey there
Also combining my preventive and corrective actions into one form as they are both similar. Would love to take a look at examples to see how mine fairs

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Some thoughts from the ISO ListServe:

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:06:42 -0500
Subject: Re: FMEA /../VanDorp/Salinger

Darryl VanDorp asked about Preventive Action:
>
> How does a smallish firm deal with Preventive
> Action in a documented manner? Say I have 10 people.
>
> Does preventive action have to be recorded on
> a PA form. Can evidence of PA be shown through
> meeting minutes and other documentation? Let's
> face it PA is something (as is Corrective Action)
> that we all do alot and often. The problem is the
> documentation. As Charley's dog anecdote,
> if I know there's a big bad dog that hangs out
> on a street corner in order to prevent getting
> bit my preventive action is to use a different
> route when I'm walking to work. Problem is
> I'll be darned if I write that down on a "form"

ISO 9001:2000 does NOT require a preventive action form. It does require a documented system, but you define the system, so long as the system includes determination of potential nonconformities, evaluating the need for action, determining and implementing the needed action, keeping records, and reviewing the actions. You can figure out the easiest way to document this that will work for you.

I've seen a log book kept by lab people in which they wrote such things as: "we don't have spare heating elements for the oven, so our testing would be delayed if one burnt out." The log books are reviewed periodically and determination made as to which entries need follow-up, and what this follow-up would be. Review of the results of the actions also happens. This could be simpler that having an individual form for each instance of preventive action.

Regards,
Rudy Salinger

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:10:25 -0500
Subject: Re: FMEA /../VanDorp/Scott

> Can evidence of PA be shown through meeting minutes
> and other documentation?

I believe that depends on what information is written down in those minutes and "other documentation." I've seen minutes that were nothing more than "he said, she said." If the minutes of the meeting or the other documentation clearly document the PA plan specifics, and the outcome of the PA in terms that allow its effectiveness to be determined, then I would be hard pressed to say you have to have form.

> Problem is I'll be darned if I write that down on a "form" Do
> you write it down anywhere?

It would be nice if all potential problems were as simple as the biting dog example you cited. While the essence of the example is true, many times preventive actions are based on a best understanding or things not fully known. One reason forms are developed for activities such as PA is that, to the extent they're actually used, they help introduce consistency and, to the extent they're well-designed, they drive the recording of the information needed by the users...information that assists in making reasoned decisions.

Phil

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Forms, forms, and more forms. Does anyone ever wonder why people call ISO ‘paper heavy’?

I agree with the comments above about defining more on how you detect/do things, where they are naturally found or done, and use those records. For us, we have a CA form with all the steps, etc., but for PA, we use several different means.

Regards,

Kevin

Top Bottom