Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use?

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
To truly audit your processes, you wont find a one size fits all checklist. Even if you turn every clause in the standard into a question, you wouldn't be auditing all of your process requirements or CSR's (if they exist).

SamuelB

Starting to get Involved
What process do you want to audit? If for instance, it is Purchasing, you can create a list of questions related to that process. Section 8.4 would be very relevant in this case.

For this process you can ask questions such as:
>Do you have a supplier monitoring procedure in place?
>Are all the criteria specified in 8.4.2.4 monitored?
>Are suppliers at least ISO9001 certified?
>Do you have a supplier selection process in place and does it list all the criteria required by clause 8.4.1.2?

As others have said, there is no one size fits all and something could slip past, but at least with a proper internal audit you manage to detect some non-conformities. In our case they helped us in avoiding major NCRs.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I always advise against doing internal auditing against the standard. The organization should have its own requirements in place which should reflect the requirements of the standard, and those internal requirements should form the basis of internal auditing.

joekirk

Involved In Discussions
Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use?
Internal audits should be process based. Start with your process map (inputs, outputs, measureables, etc...). Also include in your audit preparation, customer complaints / corrective actions related to the process you are auditing, previous audit findings related to this process, internal issues going on in that process, risks associated to that process, applicable clauses from the standard that apply to this process and applicable CSR's. You should have already defined where in your QMS and processes that your CSR's apply, some kind of matrix (see 7.5.1.1d)

Top Bottom