Does anyone have an ISO 9001 Quality Records Matrix to share?

E

energy

Howdy Y'all,

Does anybody have a Records Matrix they would be willing to share. I would like some ideas as to what should be on it. I found one Dave Scott posted and it's pretty comprehensive. I believe it's because it's tailored for QS9000. Like, Collected By-Sorted By-Authorized Access. I'm not knocking the attachment, Dave. :agree: I just believe with the new standard not making the distinction between a Quality Record and a record, thanks Jim W. for pointing that out, I want to streamline our matrix to include all our records. Record Name, location, responsibility, retention time, only. What do you think? Any help? Huh? I know I'm going to get creamed here, but bring it on. :ko: :smokin:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
I'll use small words.

Go to microsoft word, go to table, make a table with what you want.;)

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, see if you can modify this simple matrix..

And yes, you will probably get hammered for asking about this
:bigwave:

Attachments

E

energy

Nerd? Okay!

Jim,

Excellent list. Know how I know? Marc has the same thing in the Premium Files which I have already downloaded. His list combines 8.3 to say "Nature of the product nonconformities and any subsequent actions taken, including concessions obtained." Other than that they are identical. You can do worse than having your work compared to that of the Cheech. Nice hand licking, you think?:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

JodiB

Still plugging along
energy,

Did you lift the Records procedure from Ames Research? They did a 2 step sort of thing where they first identified the kinds of records that must be kept (similar to list that Jim posted) and then there was an "example" of some quality records on a separate kind of matrix.

I like that approach because the first table tells everyone what they need to keep records of, and the second one then compiles all of the actual records (by name) that are kept.

One change that I think I'll make is to add a column on the records matrix so that I can list the clause that the record satisfies.

E

energy

Good One

HFowler said:

energy,

Attached is my records matrix.

Best Regards,
Hank Fowler
Hank,

I like it. It's what I was looking for. Not all our records are structured with "numbers". We have Log Books, particular to certain areas. There are Service Agreements, Project Execution Logs, etc., that I want to refer to by name. What we call them. Yours appears to be what I want to do. I just wanted to see an example of others so that I don't feel alone with my intent to call the records what they are. Not some concocted numbering system that looks fancy but has no added value. I would expect to have the Quality Records a little more structured than regular records. Did I say "value added" again? Boy, it sure is catchy. :vfunny:Thanks much!:bigwave: :ko: :smokin:

E

energy

All right!

My intent for sure.
By the way, nice picture. You had that picture available when you first joined the Cove. It took this long for others to see it? I had already put a face to the person with the mighty pen. You look pretty well preserved for 60. :vfunny: That's why you pi** me off. I'm soooo uuugggllly!
Later
:ko: :smokin:

K

Ken K

HOLD ON COWBOY....

Jim, your not going to knock people wearing paper bags, are you?

You'd look silly walking around with your shorts wrapped around your head....:D :smokin:

E

energy

Annex B

Jim Wade said:

energy

In case this helps, here is a list of what I think are all records required by 9001:2000 (I haven't differentiated between 'quality' and 'other' records).

I have however grouped them according to whether they are related to key [operating] processes or support processes.

And I have flagged four records that are anomalies in that they have no x-ref to 4.2.4.

You think I'm a nerd, don't you? Don't answer that!!

rgds Jim :bigwave:

Required records (probably related to key processes)

7.2.2 results of review of product requirements
7.3.2 design and development inputs relating to product requirements
7.3.4 results of design and development review
7.3.5 results of design and development verification
7.3.6 results of design and development validation
7.3.7 design and development changes (no pointer to 4.2.4)
7.3.7 results of review of design and development changes
7.5.3 traceability identification
7.5.4 lost or damaged customer property
8.2.4 person(s) authorising product release.
8.2.4 evidence of conformity (no pointer to 4.2.4)
8.3 concessions obtained
8.3 nature of nonconformities and actions taken

Required records (probably related to support processes)

5.6.1 management review
6.2.2 e) records of education, training, skills and experience.
7.4.1 results of supplier evaluation
7.6a) basis for non-standard calibration (no pointer to 4.2.4)
7.6 validity of previous measuring results (no pointer to 4.2.4)
7.6 results of calibration and verification shall be maintained
8.2.2 internal audit records
8.5.2 e) results of corrective action
8.5.3 d) results of preventive action
Oh you wascally wabbit. Here I was giving you all the credit. I just found something very, very, very similar in ISO/TC 176/SC 2/N 525R ISO 9000 Introduction and Support Package: Guidance on the Documentation Reequirements of ISO 9001:2000.
Make that two wascally wabbits! :vfunny: I've been had.:bonk:
:ko: :smokin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MDD_QNA QR Code Standard ISO/IEC 15417:2007 - Does anyone use it? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Does anyone have experience implementing a QMS without ISO certification? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Does anyone know a registrar that offers both ISO 9001 and ISO 17020? Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
A Does anyone have a comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Does anyone have a ISO 13485 Gap Analysis form they'd be willing to share? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
J Does anyone have an example of Risk-Benefit Analysis per ISO 14971? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
J Does anyone have a summary of changes made to ISO 11137-2? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
I Does anyone here have experience with ISO 3951? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
D Does anyone know about an ISO 19011 Amendment? General Auditing Discussions 2
D Does anyone know of a biocompatible ABS tested & certified to ISO 10993-1 Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
C Does anyone have an example of an ISO 14001 Internal Audit Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
A Does anyone know what the Canadian deviations to ISO 8185 are? Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
D Does anyone know about ISO 13485:2004? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Does anyone know if ISO publishes audit findings/results much like the FDA ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
N Does Anyone have something that shows Correlations between ISO 14001 & AS 9100? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 9
GStough What is ISO 18902? Does anyone know? Imaging Materials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Le Chiffre ISO 13485 Process Model Diagram - Does anyone have one? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
RoxaneB Does anyone have a clear way of showing alignment between PDCA and ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
RoxaneB Does anyone have a clear way of showing alignment between ISO 9001 and PDCA ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Does anyone know good reference book for ISO 9001? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 20
D ISO Guide 72 - Does anyone have any information on ISO Guide 72? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
P ISO 14001 Influenced Aspects? Does anyone have an influenced aspect in your EMS? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 13
S Seeking AS9001 standard (Australia's ISO 9001) - Does anyone of you have? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
I Does anyone have anything about ISO 19000 standard family? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Does anyone have a checklist for auditing to the ISO 9001:1994 standards? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Does anyone have a flowchart relating all the QS (ISO) elements? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
A Does anyone have a checklist of API Spec 650 13th Edition? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0
P Does anyone have a API Q1 Documentation Package? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
W Does anyone have an API Q2 checklist for internal auditing? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
GreatNate Metrotom - Does anyone have any exposure to the Zeiss Metrotom 800 or 1500? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Honda Audits - Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit? General Auditing Discussions 4
J Does anyone here use ISOXpress/IMSXpress QMS software? Software Quality Assurance 11
K Does anyone have a copy of a GM 5 Phase Problem solving form Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
M Does anyone has a good verification and validation plan template? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Does anyone charge for annual layouts? APQP and PPAP 8
W Does anyone have any experience with the Easy Metric System? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Does anyone have a good APQP template that meets IATF requirements? APQP and PPAP 3
D IATF 16949 - 8.5.2.1 Traceability Plan - Does anyone have an example? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C Does anyone have an AS9100:2015 audit schedule template? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Does anyone have example test report of defibrillator IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
G Definition Parallel Loop - Does anyone know what the term Parallel loop means? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
B Does Anyone utilize MS Outlook Read Receipts ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Does anyone know what is going on in DQS? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
P Scope Document - Does anyone happen to have an Example Scope Document (4.3)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Does anyone have a list of the IATF "Shalls" they would be willing to share? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Plant within a Plant - Does anyone currently manage their facility this way? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
E Does anyone have experience implementing a Tiered QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Does anyone have an example Authority Listing SOP example? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3