Does IEC 62304 require documenting unresolved anomalies for all safety classes?

S

snoopy2017

Hi everyone,

Does IEC 62304 require documenting unresolved anomalies for all safety classes?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
The standard only requires, for software release, documenting known residual anomalies for class B and C.

To me, though, it seems only logical to document known anomalies so you can tell your customers what issues there are. That won't stop them from (re-)reporting them. :)

TomaszPuk

Starting to get Involved
When looking at the new IEC 62304:2018 standard version (still in draft) it states that anomalies shall be recorded in the following cases:

5.6.7 Integration test record contents (anomalies) - Class B, C
5.7.5 Software SYSTEM test record contents (anomalies) - Class A, B, C
5.8.2 Document known residual anomalies - Class A, B, C
5.8.3 Evaluate known residual anomalies - Class B, C
7.1.3 Evaluate published SOUP Anomaly list - Class B, C
9.8 Test documentation contents (anomalies) - Class A, B, C

Thus, I would argue to document anomalies for any software safety classification. but evaluate them for at least Classes B and C.
Personally, I would suggest to document them all :)

MrTetris

Involved In Discussions
The standard only requires, for software release, documenting known residual anomalies for class B and C.

To me, though, it seems only logical to document known anomalies so you can tell your customers what issues there are. That won't stop them from (re-)reporting them. :)
Really? In the CEI 62304 COMPIL:2015 class A was added in 5.8.2 (document all known residual anomalies)...

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Ah... good point. I was only looking at the :2006 version. Thanks for correcting.

Top Bottom