Does notes posted on machines have to be controlled?

D

D.Scott

OK I give up - no NC this time but I am marking my audit notes to check it when I see it. ;)

Dave

M

M Greenaway

Absolutely Dave

There is a documented system that theoretically works - now lets go down to the shop floor and see if people actually have the latest info.

M Greenaway said:

Absolutely Dave

There is a documented system that theoretically works - now lets go down to the shop floor and see if people actually have the latest info.

Aye, there's the rub...

No system is fool proof, and now we get to the weak link. The fact that I know what to send to whom does not necessarily mean that the recipients post the documents where they are supposed to, and sometimes my informaton proves to be outdated too. When that happens however, I usually find out about it right quick...

We still find outdated documents every now and then, but I must say that the problem is nowhere near as big as it used to be before we started using this system.

So: We try to keep paper based information to an absolute minimum. The intranet is not fool proof either, but compared to a paper based system it feels rock solid (Until the electrical power fails... ).

/Claes

M

M Greenaway

True Claes

Just making the point, which is related to other threads in other topics, about the potential weakness of compliance auditing, or just auditing from a desk - we actually need to see if this system is implemented and works and is effective. ;)

Top Bottom