Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Does REACH include RoHS materials?

smryan

Perspective.
Are they entirely separate, or will all the bad stuff end up under 1 umbrella?

The 6 substances banned by RoHS are not listed on the SVHC list for REACh, so can my item that does not comply with RoHS comply with REACh? It just seems odd to say it IS reach compliant when its NOT rohs compliant.

And is it really just that little list of SVHC we have to check? Or do we have to check the BIG databases of CMRs? :biglaugh:

Thanks in advance for the good help these forums always are!

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Are they entirely separate, or will all the bad stuff end up under 1 umbrella?

The 6 substances banned by RoHS are not listed on the SVHC list for REACh, so can my item that does not comply with RoHS comply with REACh? It just seems odd to say it IS reach compliant when its NOT rohs compliant.

And is it really just that little list of SVHC we have to check? Or do we have to check the BIG databases of CMRs? :biglaugh:

Thanks in advance for the good help these forums always are!
They are different directives and both are in effect. REACH did not override RoHS.

Are you the importer to the EU?

smryan

Perspective.
We may have direct customers in the EU, we definately have customers who ship to EU. Just wanted to be sure on my wording for our REACh declaration - that I don't have to make the same exclusions as our RoHS statement because they are entirely unrelated. I believe I have it clearly in my head now. Wheeeee! :)

Top Bottom