Does the Company Quality Policy have to be posted in the Facility?

S

spindle22

Is it a requirement that the Quality Policy actual be posted in the facility? If it is not, would that be a minor or major nonconformance?

D

db

Read 5.3 in the standard. The closest it comes to posting is 5.3 d), where it states that the policy hs to be communicated and understood within the organization (ISO 13485 -- don't have a copy of ISO 14969 in front of me).

Unless your own documentation says it will be posted, there is no requirement. How you communicate it and make it understood is completely up to you.

Added:
Welcome to the Cove!!! :bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Is it a requirement that the Quality Policy actual be posted in the facility? If it is not, would that be a minor or major nonconformance?

It is not a requirement of the standard.
It is up to the organization how to communicate it to all personnel.
It could be done for example making posters and write it on them , attached them on the wall of the company.
It could be done writing it in the intranet of the company or in the manual or communicate it by means of letters to personnel or email. There are many way to deploy it.
:bigwave:

S

spindle22

I agree with all of you. I guess that would make it a non conformity....

thanks

C

Chance

thanks
No there is no non-conformity, the standard only requires that the quality policy has to be communicated.

But if you specified that in your quality manual or somewhere the posting of it in company walls, then that is a non-conformance.

Please specify.

AndyN

Moved On

thanks

I'm confused...why? Do you have it specified in the Quality Manual? It's not required that you make any statements about this in the manual, just that you communicate it...

C

Chance

Best solution, remove that in your quality manual if it is in there.

A

amanbhai

Welcome to the cove!
I would suggest you to not mention any specific solution to your quality manual since it restrict by specifying any single solution.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

thanks

Probably you did a mistake in writing this.
It is not a requirement of the standard to have the quality policy attached to the walls of the company.
So , it is not a non conformity.
On the other hand, if you have established as organization in the manual or in ad hoc procedure of your QMS to communicate it through the posters on the walls of the company and this was not done by your organization , then it can result into a non conformity, as the other exper Covers stated in their posts.
Pls, let us know more details:bigwave:

Top Bottom