Does the KFDA need our distributor to have a copy of our Quality System ?

NhuTuyet

Starting to get Involved
Hello everyone !

We are manufacturing class I, IIa & IIb medical devices and selling them worldwide.

We have registered our products in South Korea and our local distributor has undergone the GIP inspection.

Now our local distributor wants us to send with every medical devices shipment a copy of all our DHR.:nope:

Are they right to ask so many documents ? Why is a conformity declaration insufficient ? :confused:

Does anybody have a copy of the document that can confirm or not this statement ?

Many thanks & have a nice day.

NhuTuyet.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
It is not required to send a copy of DHR with every shipment.
Only during the registration, they wud like to have the QC inspection and/or outgoing checklist for the product. This is one of the documents that they require during registration.

Regards,
Sreenu

NhuTuyet

Starting to get Involved
Hi Sreenu !

Thanks for your answer !!

How can I tell our local distributor that is not required to send a copy of each DHR with every shipment ? Do you have a document reference ?

It is true that I have sent the DHR for the shipment that has been inspected by the GIP.

Have a nice day.

NhuTuyet.

sreenu927

Hi NhuTyuet,

There is no KFDA regulation stating to ship a copy of DHR document with every shipment.

You ask your distributor whereabouts of such regulation mentioned?

No KFDA won't check each and every shipment for DHR and even if you send DHR, it is not essential for them to check.

Regards,
Sreenu

NhuTuyet

Starting to get Involved
Hello !

I am starting to get very confused and annoyed. My local distributor in South Korea is now asking me the document reference from the KFDA that stipulates that I don't have to send him the DHR for every medical device that has been shipped to him.

Do you have any advice for me please ?

I think that I have my back to the wall :frust:. Please help me!!!!

Thanks & have a nice day !

sreenu927

You ask the same question to him..to show you the regulation by KFDA that DHR records are essential with every shipment!
DHR is a set of batch records, it is not practical to send that big file of records with every shipment. If he still insists, u can make DHR index (one page) and just like a packing list, ship this along with the instrument. But, no requirement of sending DHR with each and every shipment!

Regards,
Sreenu

NhuTuyet

Starting to get Involved
Hello everyone !

It's me again !! With the same problem ...

So my Korean contact sent me an extract from the "Enforcement rules of medical scheme " (Order of the Ministry of Welfare and Health #28, December 13th, 2010).

According to him, it is the regulation that stipulates that we have to send DHR files with every shipment.

But there may be a misunderstanding : I read the extract's translation he gave me and what I understand is that the import compagny must have a "product standard " (this is the translated term used by my contact) per item (but not with every shipment. Moreover I think that the "import management standards" is an equivalent for our process (testing, non conformity management, ...). I don't see the obligation for me to send the DHR files with every shipment.

What is your opinion regarding this regulation ?

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day.

NhuTuyet.

Attachments

sreenu927

In my view, "product standard doc" could be a Certificate of Conformance (C of C), which can be sent with every shipment, rather than DHR!

Thanks for the attachment.

Regards,
Sreenu

M

Michelleyoungjuoh

Does anyone know the approximate break down of time it takes to register Class I and II medical devices in Korea? This would include the time it takes to find a local distributor, to the time that a product license/importer license is issued?

Thanks!!

E

Erik Nielsen

In my view, "product standard doc" could be a Certificate of Conformance (C of C), which can be sent with every shipment, rather than DHR!

Thanks for the attachment.

Regards,
Sreenu
Hi,

For what its worth, we have had the same request from our distributor i.e. to send the same documentation with each device as we did with the one used for the registration process. We never did that but we do send safety test results and calibration data for each device and it seems to work.

Regards,

Erik

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Does anyone know about tobacco-free nicotine pouches? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
cgaro62 Does FDA apply to a non-medical 13485 certified custom manufacturing company? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
R Does anyone use iQMS for their ISO based document control? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
V How many hrs does it take to create a Technical File (TD)? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M How does FDA determine OAI and VAI after inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
G Does TPI agencies comes under outsourced process as per Q1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 11
N FPY requested for an industry that does not have rework IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
William55401 21 CFR 11 Password Aging - What does "periodically" revised mean in your org? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
I CQI-15 Welding System Assessment 2nd edition - Does not require Ultrasonic Welding anymore? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
Ajit Basrur Does "Refurbishment" fall under "Service"? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
T Does marketing company require CE mark if manufacturer has CE mark on product? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Watchcat REGULATORY WATCHCAT De Novo Post-Mortem 6 – How Does This Even Happen? Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
T What does VW mean by annual requalification? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
I Does BSI require suppliers to be ISO 9001 Certified? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
Watchcat Does Regulatory Affairs put the "no" in innovation? Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
Q Does anyone know what this call out means? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K COPLANARITY: Composite profile tolerance on multiple surfaces- what does" lower dimensional reference frame tolerance" control? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
P Does FDA require certification for quality system internal audit for auditor? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
H Does anyone has feedback on a notified body for small companies? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Does 4.5 - Alternative RISK CONTROL apply to the Particular Standards? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
E Does IVD need to integrate with hospital IT infrastructure? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
D What does a level 1 (PSW) PPAP actually promise? APQP and PPAP 19
R GS1 DataMatrix code does not meet GS1 Specification EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Does the scope of ISO 9001:2015 applies to tenders, pricing and sales department of a medical devices distributor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Why does load cell supplier requires force verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Does C=0 strictly mean 1 bad, all bad, all the time? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Does a medical device active (zinc oxide) needs BPR registration in EU? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
D Does Risk Management apply to re-labeler (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Ed Panek Does this FDA Requirement Apply to international (not USA) distributors for USA based manufacturing companies? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Does anyone have a checklist to prepare for ISO 13485, Stage I audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Does a refurbished product required a new UDI? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Change to labelling - does it require a new 510(k)? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M What does "constantly" mean ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
N Does anyone use SGS for ISO 13485 / CE certification Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
G Does FDA allows remote approvals of quality documentation. Is there any specific guidance on signing any quality records remotely? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B Does FDA Registration QSR need to cover non-medical devices for contract repackager? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
0 To which part of 13485 does this refer? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
lanley liao Does the customer`s trademark belong to customer-supplied property? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
H How does a gas turbine work on diesel fuel? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 12
G What does performance specification include? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
W Where does a coatings and paint company fall in IATF? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
A How much does a complete biocompatibility test package cost? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
B Does anybody know how to get older versions of Minitab to work in Windows 10? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
M Does the ISO 9001:2015 standard require a disaster recovery plan or emergency response plan ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
C Does an accessory need an IFU if it use is discussed in the Parent device IFU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S How long does it take to register a product with MHRA? UK Medical Device Regulations 14
M Quality Manual - Where does Revision History Section go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8