Does the PSW (Part Submission Warrant) need to be a controlled document?

A

azzuri

I now have been assigned to take care of document control. :nope: We use PSW occasionally based on customer requirement. Should the PSW carry the company logo and be ISO document controlled? (But it is not a TS or ISO requirement right?) If so what section of ISO?
Need advice please.

Thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Does the PSW need to be a controlled document?

I now have been assigned to take care of document control. :nope: We use PSW occasionally based on customer requirement. Should the PSW carry the company logo and be ISO document controlled? (But it is not a TS or ISO requirement right?) If so what section of ISO?
Need advice please.

Thanks

I assume you're referring to the Part Submission Warrant?

How you format/design the PSW is up to you as long as it contains the customer required information.
AIAG has a format that is very common in the automotive supplier industry.

The completed PSW is usually maintained as a record. The template can be controlled as a document.

Stijloor.

A

azzuri

Thanks Stijloor. Yes the Parts Submission Warrant. So I will assign a number and have the template reside in a suitable folder in ISO.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks Stijloor. Yes the Parts Submission Warrant. So I will assign a number and have the template reside in a suitable folder in ISO.

With "ISO", do you mean your organization's document control system?
ISO as an organization has nothing to do with your processes, nor registration/certification activities. ;)

Stijloor.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Need advice please.

Thanks

The PPAP process is a requirement of TS
7.3.6.3 Product approval process
The organization shall conform to a product and manufacturing process approval procedure recognized by the customer.

There is no "requirement" for a record but there is by the customer.

The template can be with the customer logo, with your log or with none.

In my mind there is no need to control the form as it is referred to uin the PPAP handbook or sent by a customer.
Please keep your system lean

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Need advice please.

Thanks

Agree with Stijloor and Howard.

A question for you Azzuri: what does your procedures for document control and records say for quality record and documentation?
You should establish there how you deal with this process realted to PSW:bigwave:

J

JEFERSONDSOUZA

Hi,
If you use PSW occasionally I suppose that you are not under TS, just ISO...If you're under TS is necessary to stablish a process approval procedure recognized by the customer. If not, you need to follow your customer requirements only...There's no necessary to use logo.
Regarding the document controlled, I think that the PSW is more than just controll the document but is proof about what was agreed between the parts (costumer and supplier) and this is very important for both.
Jeferson

Top Bottom