Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Does Toyota utilize IATF 16949?

B

bigqman

(certify to) IATF 16949? I have read that Toyota found 9001 not worth certifying to.

I have not found any customer specific requirements from Toyota for IATF 16949 application. I am interviewing for a company in the Toyota supply chain. Thank you.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: New to 16949: Does Toyota utilize

No, Toyota does not subscribe to the IATF 16949 standard for it's supply chain, but in a highly questionable move, the IATF is now mandating that during audits of automotive suppliers the scope of the audit should include ALL automotive product lines, even the ones related to customers such as Toyota and Honda who do not require 16949 compliance.

So, your experience might be useful if the organization has other automotive customers that require 16949 compliance/certification.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
(certify to) IATF 16949? I have read that Toyota found 9001 not worth certifying to.

I have not found any customer specific requirements from Toyota for IATF 16949 application. I am interviewing for a company in the Toyota supply chain. Thank you.
Toyota requires their suppliers to use the "SQAM."
Supplier Quality Assurance Manual. Available from Toyota.

Re: New to 16949: Does Toyota utilize

...but in a highly questionable move, the IATF is now mandating that during audits of automotive suppliers the scope of the audit should include ALL automotive product lines, even the ones related to customers such as Toyota and Honda who do not require 16949 compliance.
Auditors of our Certification Body from an initial certification audit were applying approach IATF found as mandatory now.
Auditor could not deny existence of claims, where 100% of them were coming from non-subscribed OEM and decide to focus on subscribed OEM only. This will result in poor readiness of company's QMS for business expansion on subscribed OEMs. Our case was specific, as in fact we were not supplying subscribed OEM at all, but its joint-venture with non-subscribed OEM.

Top Bottom