Does your company use or reference level IV documents in their Quality plan?

Do you formally utlilize level IV Documents in your system If yes state how and why.

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
A

Al Dyer

Answer honestly, Does your company use or reference level IV documents in their Quality plan?

Looking for explanation as to why if you you do!!!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Laura M

Most of the systems I've set up reference forms in the level 2 or 3. I usually correlate the form number to the procedure or work instruction. I think it just makes life easier - after all with control meaning to prevent unintended use - how can you not control them? Some Level 4's have the instructions right on the document.

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Hey Al,

I once referenced Level 4 in my Document Pyramid as Records. However, I took it out shortly there after since it seemed only to confuse the matter. Now, I basically reference the Quality Program as a three tier pyramid with the records a detached fourth section.

I don't know that it matters how many levels one creates. However, the one level serves all, or the unstructured Quality Program appears to me to be the most confusing approach. We had a discussion along these lines a few years back, so by doing a search you might find some interesting information. In those days, I was not big on the unstructured, one-level serves all back then based on a consulting job I took on. However, Marc commented back then that in his opinion, he saw no way in getting around having the hybrid of both the structured and unstructured programs. I think he is right on this point and have recognized that within the systems/programs I have set up, I had both represented.

Regards,

Kevin

JodiB

Still plugging along
Not sure if I understand

Al, do you mean are level 4 documents mentioned in the quality manual? Or do you really mean quality plan? The reason I ask is because we have quality plans (project quality plans to be specific) and I don't understand if you mean those.

If you mean in general, do we mention level 4 documents...In the QM I've outlined our documentation as 5 levels : 1)Quality Manual, 2) System level procedures and work instructions, 3)Department and Regional level procedures and work instructions, 4) project specific procedures and 5)manuals and quality plans.

I have forms, templates. labels, and records as separate from the hierarchy - just listed as additional documentation bullet points.

Within our quality plans, we really only mention the applicable procedures for the project (usually the operations manual plus any project specific procedures).

M

M Greenaway

Forms are referenced as a level 4 document in QS9000, if you are interested.

In this high tech age will we see the end of this necessary structure to documents that dont mean anything to anyone. If I were an operator I would like a single point of contact to the information I want. Couldnt QMS text be in a searchable database that provides a set of results to a keyword, such as provided by Yahoo and other internet search engines.

A

Al Dyer

Lucinda,

I was meaning the typical document structrure as outlined in QS,TS,ISO, etc... that calls out four levels of documentation.

I was not lookink far enough down into individual quality (improvement) projects/plans.

From my experience there seems to be a generalized structure as follows:

Level I: Quality Policy Manual
Level II: Procedures
Level III: Forms, templates, instructions,documents
Level IV: ??????????????????????????.

I was looking for input on why people denote level IV documents for a future cove project.

I'll post futher personal views when an if applicable, just on a fishing trip right now!

--------------------------------------------------------------

To all so far, thanks for the input and keep it up?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Are Level IV documents required? (just a teaser):bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

GP,

Where would, sayyyyyy, your corrective action or preventive action form fit in the structure?

No right or wrong, just interested.:)

D

David Mullins

amazed!

If you don't use or reference forms and records in your QMS what do you do for objective evidence?

(AL - you did use the term Quality Plan!)

E

energy

Uh Uh

Originally posted by Al Dyer
Lucinda,
I was meaning the typical document structrure as outlined in QS,TS,ISO, etc... that calls out four levels of documentation.
Don't think so...Don't know about QS, TS, but I could find nothing in the standard that references a document pyramid such as 4 levels. I'll do a search later but this issue has a thread some where. We will use Level 4, for forms and records. 3 will be work instuctions. Quality Plan will be 2, manual will be 1.:ko: :smokin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Does the company violates any regulation/standard by selling device without warranty ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Proud Liberal How long does your company take to close an 8D on average? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
D Does Record Control apply to the company business processes as well? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
M Does a Company need a US Agent although the Company has affiliated company in USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
I Does being a subsidiary fully absolve company B from complying with 21 CFR 820? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
I Does my company need to be ISO 13485 registered? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Why does a SQA (Software Quality Assurance) standard be implemented in our company Software Quality Assurance 4
T If a company becomes TS 16949 certified does it still need ISO 9001 certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
K Validation of Processes does not seem to apply - Scientific Research Company Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
K So confused with AQL - How does AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) fit with my company AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 7
S Does the Company Quality Policy have to be posted in the Facility? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
P Does our company need to be certified in order to submit a 510k Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
K Does each company department have relevant functions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N How does a company determine what ISO standard (9000 or 9001) to register to? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S How does ISO 9001:2008 apply to a logistics Company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
E Our CB is on suspension - What does this mean to my company? Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
J Does my company's Business Plan Contents comply with requirements of TS 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Contract Manufacturing Company - What does contract manufacturing company mean? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
O Developing a QMS for biomedical start up company which only does R&D? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Does a Company have to appoint a US Agent to sell product in Canada or vise versa? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M The Quality "Policy" - How does it differ from other company policies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
ScottK Does your company use Six Sigma and/or Lean? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 18
C Does ISO 13485 certification require a company to follow 21 CFR Part 820? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
Q How does your company deploy new policies, methods and or procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
quality1 Hired to Improve Quality but Company does not care about Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 58
H Does The Company We Rent Space To Fall Under Our Quality System? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
M How many Quality Manuals does your company have? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
S Does your company allow the use of Personal cell phones during working hours? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 51
K Process monitoring, measuring and analyzing, does this means all company processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Does your Company Supply Calipers for Employees? Manufacturing and Related Processes 59
ScottK Does your company shut down between Xmas and New Year Career and Occupation Discussions 29
C Looking for a company that does production hot forming Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Ts16949 - Company Does Not Want To Invest IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
M Does your company use Interactive Electronic Forms and/or Documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
C Does 17025 apply to my company? Testing for the pulp and paper industry ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Wes Bucey Does your company do something this stupid? World News 86
B Does a Distribution Company need to have a quality manager? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
T Number of Quality Personnel - How many quality personnel does your company employ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 18
W Does your company pay to have plastic scrap recycled? Manufacturing and Related Processes 25
C Does you company invite a consulting company when register for ISO/TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Does a company need a TQS to compete ? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
M Does the Microsoft (MBS) Company have any certified quality system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
B Does a distributor have to have an ISO 9001 cert to sell to a TS 16949 company? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
N How does your Company Communicate Requirements to Employees Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 24
Marc Does your company use six sigma? Is it effective? Six Sigma 27
W Measuring Customer Complaints in PPM - How does your company define PPM? Customer Complaints 21
G Management Commitment - The owner of our company does not allow me to implement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 36