SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Domain Name Registrars and Hosting Services Solutions

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
Trusted Information Resource
I have paid Registrar.com for a site from 2000, with renewals, through January, 2008. I am considering moving the ISP host and registrar. Two that I have found, but not tried are http://www.ixwebhosting.com and http://www.godaddy.com They both seem to be low cost, especially considering the amount of disk space for the middle level of cost.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these, or have another to recommend?

My site is commercial, and although I do not currently take orders on the site, I would like the ability to add the shopping cart feature later.

Wes R.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I don't have any experience with either, but godaddy has been around for a while.

My registrar for Elsmar.com is Tucows. I've had it so long I can't remember why I chose them. The Elsmar server is rented from The Planet. But - There are links between the old Rackspace (EV1) and ServerMatrix. Essentially a server farm in Texas.

The 'real' question is, what are you really looking for? Are you currently experiencing problems? Is it just that you want a shopping cart?

This is a kinda old, but ongoing thread discussing hosts. And believe me - There are forums out there where hosts are discussed just like this forum discusses quality and related stuff.

Aspects to really keep in mind - You (I'm pretty sure) want a Managed server - Probably a VPS (Virtual Personal Server).

If there's any way I can help you out, let me know. Give me a call if you like to discuss.

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
Hi Marc,
Thank you for the response. I started shopping around because mine expires next year. It looks like I can get significantly more space for less money per month, using a different provider. Registrar.com is one of the main recognized one, though.

My commercial site right now does not bring in enough to pay for the site, but I am hoping to expand with more pictures, etc. I had forgotten about tucows. They are reasonable in price as well. I did look at some of the discussion boards about web hosting, and find quite mixed feedback on godaddy. Some say it is great, good support, etc., other posts say it is fine, as long as you don't need support, which they say is lousy.

I appreciate the offer to contact you directly. I plan on doing some more research first.

Wes R.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
OK - There are a lot of old threads here from times I've switched hosts, but switching registrars is something I haven't done for a while and I don't think that was ever a matter of discussion here as it didn't affect continuous operation of the server. Figuring out a good host was a problem, though, and always has been. But, the Planet has been doing quite well for me for a couple years or more now so I don't anticipate switching servers or hosts in the near future. I was thinking about it back around December, but since I really aren't experiencing problems.... Switching servers or hosts here screws things up for several days or more due to DNS propagation. And, of course, here I have to get everything loaded on the new server/host, check everything out to make sure everything is working (which in some cases is hard to do because the program has calls to the domain name which requires editing and ....) - Well, you get the picture.

I don't know about godaddy but I've read the same - Some good, some bad.

J

JHagani

Wesley,

There is a reason for anything that is cheap.
Godaddy is good because they are big, have the latest hardware and software, and so many servers, they can afford to offer cheap prices.

But, God forbid if you need technical support beyond the knowledge of the the first guy you get on the phone. :mg:

I had my web hosting server with them, and they almost cost me my whole business by deleting my server and all the web accounts I was hosting on it.

I could never get passed the first operator to a more knowledgeable person.
Their answer was we are sorry, it was a mistake. And all your files and settings are lost.

I moved my server to a smaller, more customer oriented company, and after a week of going through Hell, I finally got all sites back on line.

As they say, you will always get what you pay for.

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
But, God forbid if you need technical support beyond the knowledge of the the first guy you get on the phone. :mg:

I had my web hosting server with them, and they almost cost me my whole business by deleting my server and all the web accounts I was hosting on it.

I could never get passed the first operator to a more knowledgeable person.
Their answer was we are sorry, it was a mistake. And all your files and settings are lost.

I moved my server to a smaller, more customer oriented company, and after a week of going through Hell, I finally got all sites back on line.

As they say, you will always get what you pay for.
Thank you very much, that is the kind of experience and information that I was looking for.

Wes R.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Le Chiffre Domain name registrar scam? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
A Domain of the component (EASA CM No.: CM-SWCEH-001 Issue 01 Revision 02) Point 9.3.3 (Usage domain aspects) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
Q Is a Domain Registrar a Critical Supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
F Seeking Internship/Co-op Opportunities in Regulatory Affairs/QA/Clinical Domain (USA) Career and Occupation Discussions 4
A How can we change a device trade name in 510(k) summary? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
N Medical device name in different countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Sponsor name presented in the test report EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 3
qualprod Assign a name to a home-made ERP system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
F Hospital Rebrand & Name changes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L 510K - Trade Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
A ISO13485:2016 name and ownership changes questions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Device name change and label color change EU requirement? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
T Product Labeling - Modified the name of one of our products EU Medical Device Regulations 5
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
C Can a manufacturer (in South of Korea) have multiple Brazil Registration Holder (BRH) for same brend name? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Referencing the MDR by name in QMS SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Marc Search for Posts - By specific User Name(s) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
V Company Name Change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Putting AR's name and address on label - Authorized Representative Labeling Requirements CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
L Is writing out the ISO9001:2015 standard full name a requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
M Electronic signature - name.lastname or equal to handwritten Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
supadrai OEM Changing the name of the manufacturer - length of process? Is 1-3 months correct? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Marc Forum User Name - I Want to Change my Forum User Name Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
S CE Marking requirements - A Medical device with different config sold under same name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Q How do we document a department name change? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Company Name Change - ETL Labels and Report Updates CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
G Chart with LSL and USL: What is it's name? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Manufacturer Name on Private Brand Labeling Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
D Document approvers by role or by name Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
JoCam Over-labelling the manufacturers name at the front of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 31
A Timeframe for Product Label Update after Company Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M Canada preferred Name Code (PNC) Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
V Procedure to change the Company name in existing TS16949-2009 certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
H Incomplete forms and records missing date or a name Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
M Who's name should be on component certification? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
J Macro Question: Get Column Name by Column Number / or Use Text constant to link on a Using Minitab Software 1
I Company Name Change for Establishment Registration US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
I 21 CFR PART 11 Password and User Name Requirements Software Quality Assurance 3
K Medical Device Labeling Requirement - Manufacturer Name 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
A Company Name Change & Control of Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
A Organization Name Change & Its Impact in QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B What to do when adding new Proprietary name under same 510(k) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Changing the Trade Name of a cleared Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Product Name when Marketing four components as part of one product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R New PSW due to Company Name Change APQP and PPAP 4