Done Up For Auditor's Sake = DUFAS - Seeking Comments / Opinions

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
See also Martin Greenaway's screed on the topic of doing things for auditors at http://elsmar.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=105835&postcount=21 (post #21 in the thread: Have you ever felt ripped off by an auditors performance?)
Lots of folks have seemingly legitimate beefs about the process of 3rd party audits, regardless of the Standard.

My question is, "How did organizations allow themselves to become so fearful of an auditor that they stand for such abuse?"

Let me hasten to add not all auditors are incompetent or abusive (regardless of whether they are 3rd party or customer's auditors.) The point is there is one sure-fire way of eliminating an abusive or incompetent auditor - FIRE HIM AND HIS REGISTRAR!

Over the years here in the Cove, some of us have stated they did exactly that, but more have swallowed their pride and "gone along to get along." Help me understand why.

Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

I have to admit that it is strange how long a company will go with one of these "abusive" auditors. I counciled a client for 2 years before I convinced them to dump a firm and find a new one. They finally did, and were thrilled with the results. I think a lot of companies get into the 3 year cycle for ISO 9001, and think they shouldn't switch because the new firm will want to charge them more fees to take over a registration project.

Crazy stuff happens every day.

--QG

M

M Greenaway

Hi All

My whinge was after my first experience of this auditor, and first surveillance audit at this company for me - hence did not want to fire him there and then.

Rest very assured however that I will not tolerate any stated non-compliance where I can see that it is his interpretation we are non-compliant with, and not ISO9001.

Although we had some 'interesting' discussion at the audit he did not raise a single finding or corrective action, so maybe he was just enjoying the ride.

Top Bottom