SBS - The best value in QMS software

Doubt on multiple inspection carrying out for same balloon number during Stage Inspection and Final Inspection?

A

Anand Murugesan

Working in Additive Manufacturing as a Quality Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence.

I have a doubt on inspection repetition?

Operation 40 in Milling stage 2, I have a final finish diameter of 5 mm and i inspected this in stage inspection and cleared the components.

But Operation 90 Final Inspection i am doing all the characteristics of drawing along with above 5mm diameter, Is it really needed to remeasure all the characterstics in final inspection even after its measured and passed during stage or should i reference the stage inspection report number to avoid time consumption?

I really needed an answer to this question?

Thanks in advance for everyone.

Regards,
Anand.M

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
If the first inspection was done properly - i.e. by a qualified person using a calibrated measuring device, and there is no way the hole could be damaged/changed during the rest of the process, I would not repeat the measurement later.

A

Anand Murugesan

Thank You for the Response. I will do that if there is no way the hole is getting damaged. Then i should not repeat the inspection.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is going to depend on what your Customer requirement is, what the standard says and what sample sizes / sampling frequency is used at the first inspection. Aerospace and defense can be very strict regarding in-process and final inspection.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Doubt on insulation class of a device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
T ISO 14971-2019 doubt - Evaluate if estimated risks are acceptable ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
M Doubt about Customer Changes to Product Design Features AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
N Doubt on Bias study for EOLT (End Of Line Tester) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P Doubt about MSA for Attributes Gaging - Reference Value Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
K Standard Deviation - Doubt and Clarification of my Understanding Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 28
M Attribute Gage MSA - What is the width of the gray area of ​​doubt? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Is TS16949 a standard by itself? A basic doubt IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
V Mandatory to send to the Customers FMEA in a PPAP level 3 - Doubt IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 36
V MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Doubt on Analytic Method (Attribute Study) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Z Doubt about the Location of Car GPS Navigators Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 13
A Doubt on "MSA 3rd Linearity Example.xls" formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S Doubt on Thread Measurement - Measuring Fluted (Odd) Taps for its pitch diameter Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Marc Future of APQP and PPAP in Doubt? 2005 Update APQP and PPAP 26
M Doubt about the element 15.3 (VDA) - Periodic cross-check and repeated inspections VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
V Software as medical device (SaMD) replicated for multiple clients through APIs IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
C Multiple owners for one listed device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A CE-IVD Technical File with Multiple IFUs EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K One CE Mark holder - multiple manufacturing sites EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Multiple function device products EU Medical Device Regulations 0
O Are power distribution units Multiple Socket Outlets (MSOs)? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
shimonv FDA News FDA guidance on Multiple Function Device Products (8/2020) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
I Cannot Export multiple sections from Excel to PDF without losing pagination Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 23
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
Proud Liberal Power Query to combine multiple tables of unequal number of columns Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
D Reduction of software class based on multiple external risk controls IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
G Gauge R&R on multiple dimensions using 3D measurement system Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
S Samples for GR&R - Can we get the 10 samples from multiple models Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Proud Liberal Cp / Cpk on position using multiple MMC bonuses Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
M Measuring Capability of Process with Multiple Specifications Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
C FDA Registration Requirements for Multiple Sites 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
C Can a manufacturer (in South of Korea) have multiple Brazil Registration Holder (BRH) for same brend name? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Multiple Authorized Reps in the EU for the same device? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Providing IFU (Instructions for Use) in multiple languages EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C FMEA - Multiple function failures considerations FMEA and Control Plans 3
B AS9100 Multiple Distributor warehousing locations under same Company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
W SOP for Vigilance reporting covering multiple requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Informational Internal Audits - Wear multiple hats what can and can't I audit (so I'm not auditing my own work) Internal Auditing 149
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
L Control Plan - Multiple Process Steps FMEA and Control Plans 8
K Internal Auditing - Umbrella QMS and Multiple Standards Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
M Multiple missed POs grounds for SCAR? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 32
G Single DFU for multiple medical devices in one box Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Brazil GMP license work with multiple BRH? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E Multiple socket-outlets - Medical Device Electrical Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
F Marketing a single medical device with multiple indications Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
M IATF 16949 - Multiple Locations - 3rd party audit scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1