DPPM Industry Standard - Metal fabrication (Job shop)

G

George Trybulski

I work at a machine and tool company where we do metal fabrication (Job shop) for varoius local companies. The work is mostly prismatic on either aluminum plate and or steel/aluminim castings. I am trying to benchmark what the industry standard DPPM is for the type of work we do.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

George F. Trybulski

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
N

noboxwine

Depends

George Trybulski said:
I work at a machine and tool company where we do metal fabrication (Job shop) for varoius local companies. The work is mostly prismatic on either aluminum plate and or steel/aluminim castings. I am trying to benchmark what the industry standard DPPM is for the type of work we do.

Respectfully,

George F. Trybulski
Geo: During my travels, I am only aware of dPPM standards being customer specific, not industry specific. Even in automotive, where dPPM is very stringent, there are different acceptable levels, depending upon customers, and the same applies in all different Tiers of the chain. Anyone else give our friend some more info ? Have a day :thedeal:

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
George Trybulski said:

Respectfully,

George F. Trybulski
This is an old thread - but I would like to bump this up.

I have a customer that I believe is trying to hold us to a DPPM level that is too low for sheet metal fabrication. I tried google - bu no avail. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
George Trybulski said:

Respectfully,

George F. Trybulski

I often see TS clients in various metal working industries with external PPM numbers in the 0-20 range. That is for true defect parts per million, not based on rejected lot quantities.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Metric/Way to show how Internal DPPM and External DPPM relate to each other Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
R DPPM? Scrap? Both? How to report Returns Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
J How to measure process quality? Is DPPM the correct metric? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
D DPPM - Calculating the Defect Rate of a Software Test Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
L DPPM (Defective Parts Per Million) Reporting - Large Quantity Approach Benchmarking 8
C What is the appropriate DPPM for to be used In-Process Inspection Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Ajit Basrur Dashboard Software for representing Quality Metrics like DPPM, On Time Delivery, etc. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
V Calculation of Cable Assembly DPPM Customer Complaints 6
C Calculate DPPM/PPM for second yield rework Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
L Is there any place for sampling plan if customer requirement is 20 DPPM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Failures-in-time (FITs), DPPM and Probability Calculation Questions Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
B DPPM - 'Standard' minimum quantity to measure DPPM? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 21
A DPPM vs. PPM - What is its purpose and use? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Ajit Basrur Trending segregated for cosmetic and functional dppm? Automotive requirements Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
S Packaging Specification template and Reasonable dppm target for printed material? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Y Definition DPPM - Quality Indicator? Using DPPM instead of DPMO as our OQA quality indicator Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
K DPPM vs. AQL - What is the difference between DPPM and AQL? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
R MTBF to DPPM Calculation Based on the Unit's Typical Working Hours Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
G Definition DPPM - Defective Parts Per Million Calculation Formula Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
Revision36 Engineering Change Order Industry Standards Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
B Quality manual for automotive industry wanted Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
DuncanGibbons Are the IQ OQ & PQ procedures applicable to the aerospace industry? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
Marc Security in Health Industry Software - February 2020 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
A Complaint alert levels - Industry standards pertaining to alert levels for complaints Customer Complaints 5
S Industry Labelling Standards - non medical Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
R Risk Management in the Medical Device Industry ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
E Translating from Automotive to Medical Device industry - [email protected] Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R Explain what "design change" is to people new to the industry ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
A Information on good laboratory practices (GLP) for the non-medical or food industry wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
E Choosing an ISO 9001 registrar with auditors familiar with our industry Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
M Informational TGA – Medical device cyber security guidance for industry Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Anyone working with or planning to do business in the CBD (cannabidiol) industry? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R The alignments and contradiction in Quality Engineering and management between the Automotive and Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J Quality control in wood processing industry Service Industry Specific Topics 3
M Informational FDA Invites You to the 2019 Regulatory Education for Industry (REdI) Annual Conference Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S CB accredited by non-aligned AB - industry views? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Certification procedure for OEM/PLM collaboration in the medical device industry in the US - Who bears the regulatory responsability? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
M CE/FCC/Industry Canada - Standards required for Certification for a Bluetooth Device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
M Informational USFDA draft guidance – A Risk-Based Approach to Monitoring of Clinical Investigations Questions and Answers Guidance for Industry Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Website to ask FDA for guidance in Medical Device Industry? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S IMDS=REACH for automotive industry? REACH and RoHS Conversations 3
M FDA News USFDA draft guidance – Principles of Premarket Pathways for Combination Products; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Informational TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and QuEST Forum Announce Merger TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0