Dr. Deming Saved my Job! Webex for American Society for Quality

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I will be giving a presentation for the American Society for Quality Section 614 in Washington State via Webex on October 19. Phil Monroe, my mentor, will be a presenter also. Phil, and his partner Bill Cooper, worked with and knew Dr. Deming in the 1980's. They ended up influencing my career change from Maintenance Supervisor to Performance Measures and Statistical Analysis.

The theme is where the initial reaction to an event by management was "Who's going to be Fired", but careful review and analysis of the performance data gave a completely different picture and corrective action for the problem.

Please see this link for information: program2210-1.pdf (asq614.org) . There is no cost, and you do not need to be a member of ASQ to listen in. This will be the first post-COVID event for the section, which I still consider to be my home section. The Workplace Excellence Forum (TWEF) is also sponsoring this event. There was a "storytime" announced by them a few months ago on the Cove which I did participate in. This is a continuation of those "workplace stories".

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steve Prevette Informational ASQ Video about Dr. Deming's work Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 0
normhowe Deming’s eighth point Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 28
ScottK Dr. Deming's most neglected Points and Diseases Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 13
B Does anyone here have any experience with the Deming Prize? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
WCHorn Deming's Eleventh Point and AS9101D are Incompatible Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 19
J Similarities between Juran, Deming and Crosby Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
S 97% Predictability in all things? Dr. Deming's statement Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
U Shewhart, Deming and Data - a thought provoking article Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Deming Quote in Out of The Crisis Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
P Deming - Management of Statistical Techniques for Quality and Productivity Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
G Deming Prize (TQM Implementation award) vs. TS 16949 Compliance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G Deming PDCA Cycle Automotive Mfg Sector Example IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Help with a Deming Quote Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
Stijloor Who will follow Deming-Juran-Crosby in their footsteps? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
Stijloor The Deming Evangelist Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 21
Stijloor Are you a member of SAD (Society of Anti-Deming)? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 24
M Deming on You Tube Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
B Games to understand SPC concepts - Variation, Tampering, (Deming funnel experiment) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P What influence have Juran Deming & Crosby had on the retail sector Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
V Quality Gurus Comparison - Deming, Juran, Crosby, Ishikawa and Taguchi Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
D Deming Cycle PDCA - The Check phase clarification, please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
V Quality Gurus: Question on Comparison of Philosophies: Deming, Crosby, Juran Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 27
V Deming - Drive Out fear - How to Implement a TQM Environment Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
ScottK I am Going to Implement Deming's 12th Point for my Staff Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
Randy Deming and Shewhart information for Power Point slides related to P-D-C-A Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
C Deming award requirement? Control charts manually updated and not on PC? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Wes Bucey Research Seminar Seeking Deming Papers Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 0
L Required Reports for Deming Award - Corporate & Departmental Level Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
W Deming's SoPK (System of Profound Knowledge) Discussion Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 220
S The theories and practices of Deming, Juran, Kaizen and several others Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
W Deming's SoPK (System of Profound Knowledge) Challenge Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 66
W Deming's philosophy in education? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
Marc Betamax vs. VHS - What does this tell us? How would Deming explain this? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 11
Kevin Mader Fear - Deming's Point 8 - Reduce fear throughout the organization Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 30
S 6 Sigma Only for Giants? Deming's Thoughts? Six Sigma 3
P Quality Games and Deming's Red Bead Experiment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
Marc Deming vs. Statistical Hypothesis Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
D 4GM - Fourth Generation Management (Deming) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
W Juran vs. Deming - Your Thoughts? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 39
D Japan Today vs. America today..was Deming Right? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 8
D Philip Crosby vs. The Deming Philosophy Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 29
Sidney Vianna Continual decline of ASQ - can it be saved? Nov 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 29
S Are vendor (supplier) quotes records that must be saved (controlled)? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 22
I PRG format saved in PCDMIS PRO V4.2 can't export to CATIA V5R16 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
O Quality Bonus Plan - Determining how much money the company saved? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
R $ saved using APQP - Can anyone share with me a success story? APQP and PPAP 9
Q Looking to create a new job title Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
R Job Handover templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Jim Wynne Unusual (to me) Job Solicitation Caveat Career and Occupation Discussions 13
Sam.F Job opening for an inspector in city of El Monte CA Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0