Drawing a Process Flowchart

D

DAWELAH

Dear friends ,:eek:

Is there any standards in drawing Process flowchart?:eek:

Is it acceptable, if I write some explanation next to process shape.

Please see the attachment and red-colored explanation :cool:

Attachments

• Visio_Internal_Audit_Process.pdf
    57.7 KB · Views: 603

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Dear friends ,:eek:

Is there any standards in drawing Process flowchart?:eek:

Is it acceptable, if I write some explanation next to process shape.

Please see the attachment and red-colored explanation :cool:

Yes, it is.
If the workflow is well explained also with comments/additional details and works for you, it is ok.
There are no particular standards for flow chart, out of the classical usage of the circles, rectangular shape, arrows and so on.
You can also represent a process with other methodological approach, I mean turtle diagram, swim lanes diagrams and so on, as you can see and read in the literature of the process mapping.
What is really important is to choose that best that fits for you and be useful for the organization to get advantage .:bigwave:

Last edited:
G

glenn0004

Their are some recognised meanings to stadard shapes see this for some help http://www.hci.com.au/hcisite2/toolkit/flowchar.htm, However the processes that you map are yours and you may set whatever rules you wish (providing you keep to them). We currently use Triaster (a visio plug-in). This only allows a selection of key shapes and the software will give some control on what shapes to use. There are also reporting options and linking of processes that help.

N

NumberCruncher

Hi DAWELAH

I would be very happy to present a flow chart like this. It is clear, neat and concise. I like it. :)

NC

Top Bottom