Dream Log - Occasionally I have some interesting Dreams

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
Occasionally I have some interesting dreams.

Once I dreamed I had been appointed a minor noble, and I still remember the condescending tone as the person in charge explained this was a VERY minor position, and not to let it go to my head.

Another time I was joining a group going bear hunting on horseback, and the fact that I was riding a borrowed horse I did not know didn't worry me, but I was concerned that the 30-30 lever action I was taking might not be enough gun.

But those aren't the dreams that made me decide to post a thread here.

One night I dreamed I was inspecting a subterranean bridge complex built by a primitive Mediterranean tribe, and I found extensive noncompliances to building code requiring as corrective action that I lead a mob to kill the prime contractor.

And the night before last I dreamed I had a consulting job for a Mexican drug cartel. A zombie outbreak had led the U.S. Border Patrol to tighten security at the border, and the cartel's shipment delivery success rate was falling. I was contracted to help them improve their processes.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Sir,
You do have an extensive and interesting dream life.

Another time I was joining a group going bear hunting on horseback, and the fact that I was riding a borrowed horse I did not know didn't worry me, but I was concerned that the 30-30 lever action I was taking might not be enough gun.
It's enough if you aim well.

One night I dreamed I was inspecting a subterranean bridge complex built by a primitive Mediterranean tribe, and I found extensive noncompliances to building code requiring as corrective action that I lead a mob to kill the prime contractor.
Oh, so THAT'S why I get uptight when auditors show up.
Not sure you're gonna get your fee out of that audit...

And the night before last I dreamed I had a consulting job for a Mexican drug cartel. A zombie outbreak had led the U.S. Border Patrol to tighten security at the border, and the cartel's shipment delivery success rate was falling. I was contracted to help them improve their processes.
Give them the 30/30 from above... and ship by air. Who ever heard of a flying zombie?

Once I dreamed I had been appointed a minor noble, and I still remember the condescending tone as the person in charge explained this was a VERY minor position, and not to let it go to my head.
Bear and zombie population control is not a minor position. Take appropriate kudos for a job well done.

Do keep it in check, though...especially if I am the prime contractor of the subterranean bridge.

Thanks for sharing! :applause:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
normzone - Much more exciting than mine.

My dreams are always a bit different but the underlying theme is I am always lost somewhere and can not get directions to where I want to go, or a minute too late to have done something I was supposed to do. Same theme for many years. I personally rarely think much about my dreams, much less of interpreting them. Yes - I have read opinions about them over the years, but mine are really pretty boring and I don't place much credence on content of a dream I have.

I guess I should now say: "Analyze That"... ;)

I just did a quick "Google" and there are lots of sites including discussion forums whose focus is interpretation of dreams. No surprise.

Document Dame

Starting to get Involved
Very exciting dreams!

In my dream, it was a scene from Back to the Future and I was in the car behind the manure truck.

When I woke up I remembered I was the Document Controller for our QMS and today was the day I was meeting with management to present my schedule for transition to AS9100D.

I guess I was just mentally preparing myself the what was to come!

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
My dreams, at least during the weeks I'm working, are very often about being late, not having everything I need, not having my correct wardrobe, etc. Sometimes I have mixed in there some reference to still being in the Navy. The preparedness thing is no doubt just manifestation of my insecurities.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I dream in color. And it sounds like Jen and I have similar dream themes.

D

dbulak

Question is "how do we know we dream in color?" I know I dream a lot but sometimes I remember my dreams and they seem to be in color. Strange.

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes, I thought everyone had dreams in color, I was surprised when I found out many did not. Since then I have experimented with them, and one by one I verified all senses, smell taste, etc. As always, there is a sixth sense of "knowing" in the dreams, which kinda fills in the unknowns. I also experience different "types" of dreams, and I only pay attention to certain types as being worth investigating. The National Dream Center has a good site for research on this.

normzone

My dreams, at least during the weeks I'm working, are very often about being late, not having everything I need, not having my correct wardrobe, etc. Sometimes I have mixed in there some reference to still being in the Navy. The preparedness thing is no doubt just manifestation of my insecurities.
I used to have a lot of high school dreams - the usual can't find your class or forgot your locker combination. I did not like them. Nowadays when they happen I say things like " This is entirely optional for me - I don't have to be here - I'm just auditing this class " or I'll insist that I'm just cutting across the campus because it's convenient for me.

Last night I read detective fiction up until bed time, and dreamed that I sold a faux archeological artifact to a tourist. It was a flask, and I presented it as filled with locally made moonshine, but it was store bought liquor. :nope:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Before the 760mph Hyperloop dream, there was the atmospheric railway Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc U.S. expatriates pursue American dream in China Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
W Lean, Mean, Dream Machine - The Boeing 787 takes shape Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
Claes Gefvenberg Tap.... beer?! A dream come true? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
B ITAR Visitor Log Examples AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
I When do FORMs and Log Files become Records? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Medical device related standards or regulations - Disposed records log ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Q ASQ/ANSI Z1.4–2003 (R2018) Change Log? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
L Pest Control Log Retention Time Frame ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S AS9100 Customer KPI Log AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Document Control Newbie - Control of Nonconforming / Returns Log AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J CAPA and other Log Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Looking for an example of Issues Log ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Marc The IAQG OPMT has posted an updated Resolutions Log AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
C Log Files (Training, CAPA, Complaint, for example) & Lists in QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
K Autoclave Log - Do we have to monitor the usage for every load? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S ISO 9001:2008 Sec 7.6 - Can we just log measurement devices as 'Pass/Fail'? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 118
M Continuous Improvement Log vs. Formal CAPA System Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
B Contour Plots of Time, Temperature and Log Reduction of Cells Using Minitab Software 9
JodiB Log Book for Analytical Balance Calibration Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q Tracking Log for IP during Design Control Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Section 7.4.3.2 Supplier Incidents of Premium Freight Log example wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
V PPAP Tracking Log wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Control of Toolroom Maintenance Log Books Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
C ISO 27001 compliant Information Security Log IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 8
K Pest Control - Log Book to take note of Baits, Cages and Insectrocutors Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
D ESD Quantification - Standalone instrument that can log ESD field strength ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Customer Property Log example wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Record Retention Log - What Records are required in a Record Retention Log Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 7
Y ISO: Help With Records Numbering System & Log in Excel or Access Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
Q Welder's Continuity Log example needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
somashekar Format to log complaints per FDA sec. 820.198 Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
M Examples of DCR (Document Change Record) Log and Document Controlled Log Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Ajit Basrur Samples Log sheet - need help (Excel Functions) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
U A log problem Brain Teasers and Puzzles 31
C Excel .xls Log for Records Instead of Paper Forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
K Mock Audit Log Form Template for Product Recall/Return at Food Plant Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
MarilynJ6354 Internal Audit Corrective Actions Log issues - ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Perishable Tooling On Receiving Log ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Useage Display over Time - Computer systems (log-in, log-out and time used on each) Using Minitab Software 1
ISOsandy Cleanroom Log Book - Does anyone have an example of a Cleanroom Log? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
S Usage Log - Calculating Time Difference in Excel - Start time and end time Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 21
J Procedure for the calibration of Test Indicators and related log sheet General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M RMA Log - What information should an RMA Log contain? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Sean Kelley Does anyone have examples of a Corrective and Preventive action log? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
J Log in EVERY SINGLE defect caught and demand Corrective Action for each CAR? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
M Recordable Injuries OSHA 300 Log - What kind injuries are required to be recorded? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 11
Y May phone log without customer's signature be evidence in TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6