Dream Log - Occasionally I have some interesting Dreams

normzone

Quite Involved in Discussions
Occasionally I have some interesting dreams.

Once I dreamed I had been appointed a minor noble, and I still remember the condescending tone as the person in charge explained this was a VERY minor position, and not to let it go to my head.

Another time I was joining a group going bear hunting on horseback, and the fact that I was riding a borrowed horse I did not know didn't worry me, but I was concerned that the 30-30 lever action I was taking might not be enough gun.

But those aren't the dreams that made me decide to post a thread here.

One night I dreamed I was inspecting a subterranean bridge complex built by a primitive Mediterranean tribe, and I found extensive noncompliances to building code requiring as corrective action that I lead a mob to kill the prime contractor.

And the night before last I dreamed I had a consulting job for a Mexican drug cartel. A zombie outbreak had led the U.S. Border Patrol to tighten security at the border, and the cartel's shipment delivery success rate was falling. I was contracted to help them improve their processes.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
Sir,
You do have an extensive and interesting dream life.

Another time I was joining a group going bear hunting on horseback, and the fact that I was riding a borrowed horse I did not know didn't worry me, but I was concerned that the 30-30 lever action I was taking might not be enough gun.
It's enough if you aim well.

One night I dreamed I was inspecting a subterranean bridge complex built by a primitive Mediterranean tribe, and I found extensive noncompliances to building code requiring as corrective action that I lead a mob to kill the prime contractor.
Oh, so THAT'S why I get uptight when auditors show up.
Not sure you're gonna get your fee out of that audit...

And the night before last I dreamed I had a consulting job for a Mexican drug cartel. A zombie outbreak had led the U.S. Border Patrol to tighten security at the border, and the cartel's shipment delivery success rate was falling. I was contracted to help them improve their processes.
Give them the 30/30 from above... and ship by air. Who ever heard of a flying zombie?

Once I dreamed I had been appointed a minor noble, and I still remember the condescending tone as the person in charge explained this was a VERY minor position, and not to let it go to my head.
Bear and zombie population control is not a minor position. Take appropriate kudos for a job well done.

Do keep it in check, though...especially if I am the prime contractor of the subterranean bridge.

Thanks for sharing! :applause:

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Administrator
normzone - Much more exciting than mine.

My dreams are always a bit different but the underlying theme is I am always lost somewhere and can not get directions to where I want to go, or a minute too late to have done something I was supposed to do. Same theme for many years. I personally rarely think much about my dreams, much less of interpreting them. Yes - I have read opinions about them over the years, but mine are really pretty boring and I don't place much credence on content of a dream I have.

I guess I should now say: "Analyze That"... ;)

I just did a quick "Google" and there are lots of sites including discussion forums whose focus is interpretation of dreams. No surprise.

Document Dame

Involved In Discussions
Very exciting dreams!

In my dream, it was a scene from Back to the Future and I was in the car behind the manure truck.

When I woke up I remembered I was the Document Controller for our QMS and today was the day I was meeting with management to present my schedule for transition to AS9100D.

I guess I was just mentally preparing myself the what was to come!

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Administrator
My dreams, at least during the weeks I'm working, are very often about being late, not having everything I need, not having my correct wardrobe, etc. Sometimes I have mixed in there some reference to still being in the Navy. The preparedness thing is no doubt just manifestation of my insecurities.

dbulak

Question is "how do we know we dream in color?" I know I dream a lot but sometimes I remember my dreams and they seem to be in color. Strange.

hogheavenfarm

Yes, I thought everyone had dreams in color, I was surprised when I found out many did not. Since then I have experimented with them, and one by one I verified all senses, smell taste, etc. As always, there is a sixth sense of "knowing" in the dreams, which kinda fills in the unknowns. I also experience different "types" of dreams, and I only pay attention to certain types as being worth investigating. The National Dream Center has a good site for research on this.

normzone

My dreams, at least during the weeks I'm working, are very often about being late, not having everything I need, not having my correct wardrobe, etc. Sometimes I have mixed in there some reference to still being in the Navy. The preparedness thing is no doubt just manifestation of my insecurities.
I used to have a lot of high school dreams - the usual can't find your class or forgot your locker combination. I did not like them. Nowadays when they happen I say things like " This is entirely optional for me - I don't have to be here - I'm just auditing this class " or I'll insist that I'm just cutting across the campus because it's convenient for me.

Last night I read detective fiction up until bed time, and dreamed that I sold a faux archeological artifact to a tourist. It was a flask, and I presented it as filled with locally made moonshine, but it was store bought liquor. :nope: